Swype not auto-spacing

sir2545

Reaction score
I downloaded Swype and installed it a few minutes ago and it isnt auto-spacing in the native messaging app. Anyone else having this issue? And yes, it is checked in the settings menu.

stuigi

Reaction score
I downloaded Swype and installed it a few minutes ago and it isnt auto-spacing in the native messaging app. Anyone else having this issue? And yes, it is checked in the settings menu.

I too am having the same issue and haven't figured out a fix. It is Beta after all

Reaction score
I was having the issue at first, then it started working later today. Don't remember if I changed anything or not. Try playing with the settings a little bit.

ionide

Reaction score
Had the same issue. I've been using the stock keyboard instead, it works pretty well. I get annoyed with Swype sometimes.

bassJAM

Reaction score
With me Swype worked fine at first, then did the no spacing thing, then back to normal. I'm not sure if I like Swype though so it's not a big deal for me.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I hope that the guys at Swype can get these bugs addressed, but in the mean time you could always use Handcent. It's free.

Reaction score
I think some of us have discovered that it is not auto-spacing in the stock messaging app, but it does work with Handcent and GO SMS, which most people like better than stock anyway.

beefcakeboy2009

Reaction score
Hey I got mine working by selecting swype for input then switching back to the original, exit out of the selection for input, then switched back to swype. This switched it to auto spacing and now it spaces automatically. I used swype to type this.

Struck with the htc thunderbolt

yatman60

Reaction score
thanks beefcake your method worked!

This didn't work for me. Strange that the native SMS application is the only place that this problem exists. "Beefcake's" comment about him typing this with Swype doesn't make sense since you can't post here via SMS can you?

beefcakeboy2009

Reaction score
There is a droid forums app that I used to reply to this thread.
I would try installing swype then reinstalling it. Then try the method I gave before and make sure auto spacing is selected in the swype options before you try it. Thats what I did the first time, and that worked. after a reboot it sometimes resets to no auto spacing and I just do the switching of the input method and it then works again. Hope this helps (used swype again lol)

Struck with the htc thunderbolt

Dxun

Reaction score
No doubt that Swype works for some applications. In fact it's working flawlessly right now typing this message using the DF App. There are other applications though where Swype is having issues.

Sent with my Thunderbolt via DroidForums App

mark3748

Reaction score
The issue is with the flags set in the stock SMS apps text input field, they are set for no auto spacing.

The Swype keyboard respects these flags and may not be fixable without HTC changing some things.

Thunderbolt