Swype Android Beta!!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Q: Do I need to keep the Swype-Installer after installing Swype?
A: No. You should delete it (see above) because we update the Installer on the server when we find install bugs.

did that

make sure you go to settings>language and keyboard> then check swype.

then go to email or message and then hold down on where your typing and press input method, then press swype keyboard

did that

Rebooted and nothing... still no swype... just a sound and a keyboard flash... same as when it expired... its the new beta i just signed up for it a half hour ago and installed it... could there be traces of the old version on my droid? any ideas?

suliman

Reaction score
okay i dunno if im stuck in some kind of bizzaro world or something but, when i go to the swype website and register it doesnt send me any email or nothing (signed up days ago). Now i go there and click sign up again, says name is in use. So i log in with the correct name and pw, says incorrect. Click forgot password says its sending me a link to reset my pw. Check the email sent it says we will inform you when beta reopens. Nothing about resetting my pw or the likes of a beta download. so what are you guys talking about when you say you signed up and got a new installer wtf is going on?

Anomander

Reaction score
okay i dunno if im stuck in some kind of bizzaro world or something but, when i go to the swype website and register it doesnt send me any email or nothing (signed up days ago). Now i go there and click sign up again, says name is in use. So i log in with the correct name and pw, says incorrect. Click forgot password says its sending me a link to reset my pw. Check the email sent it says we will inform you when beta reopens. Nothing about resetting my pw or the likes of a beta download. so what are you guys talking about when you say you signed up and got a new installer wtf is going on?
Were you part of the beta before hand? I am not sure if they have the beta still open right now. I think if you signed up just recently then you may be able to get into the next beta. I have gotten an email each time there has been an update for the beta. This last one I got an email saying that a new update is available and that the current beta will expire in a few days. I then download the new update and I am good to go until the next one.

suliman

Reaction score
Were you part of the beta before hand? I am not sure if they have the beta still open right now. I think if you signed up just recently then you may be able to get into the next beta. I have gotten an email each time there has been an update for the beta. This last one I got an email saying that a new update is available and that the current beta will expire in a few days. I then download the new update and I am good to go until the next one.

no i had the droid2 version that was ripped but then it said trial expired. And i heard that there was open beta now but i dont see it anywhere on the site. but here are a few questions for you.

when did you get the last update?
do you have swype now?
is beta open atm?

Anomander

Reaction score
when did you get the last update?
do you have swype now?
is beta open atm?
I got the email on the 11th and installed it that evening (worked just fine). I do not think the beta is open. If it was they would have some announcement on the site. My wife also got the email on the 12th and I installed hers this last Wed via the email they sent. We both have the D1.

Droooiiid

Reaction score
My version of Swype that I was running expired. Any one know what I can do to get it back?

Thanks!