Switching to MIUI. Basic question

Reaction score
1) Does the market auto-restore apps? I haven't paid for Titanium...

2) What kernel runs default? Can I install Chevy kernels on this ROM? Does it have automatic overclocking, or will I need SetCPU?

3) The lockscreen seems awesome, but does it lead to much more pocket-dialing? I send enough bogus texts with the normal android lockscreen.

Thanks!

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1) Does the market auto-restore apps? I haven't paid for Titanium...

2) What kernel runs default? Can I install Chevy kernels on this ROM? Does it have automatic overclocking, or will I need SetCPU?

3) The lockscreen seems awesome, but does it lead to much more pocket-dialing? I send enough bogus texts with the normal android lockscreen.

Thanks!

1) no it doesn't auto restore. The free titanium backup can do it for you
2)The stock kernel i believe is an 600mhz kernel not sure which one. You can install chevy kernels but only the older ones. You will need setcpu unless you implement the code in the setcpu profiles thread in this forum( 2nd page i believe)
3) I haven't pocket dialed or texted anyone yet and ive been running it for awhile.
Give it a try. Its well worth it!

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its actually 600 mhz overclocked stock. Unless you edit files to overclock (which ZB posted in the setcpu thread on the front page), I just found out about this. Personally I use Chevy kernels (the new ones will bootloop and the old ones that work are not hosted right now), so...those are a precious commodity. I just asked Chevy if he can provide me some of those kernels...if so...I will provide users them at request (pm only) lol.

I have pocket dialed a few times, but recently flipped my phone over in my pocket in a way that isnt so easy to slide open. It was happening to me when riding a motorcycle (sport bike posture) It hasnt happened to me in a good while.

I think its a possibility they will try to come up with a fix in the future (Zen, not miui devs). Since this ROM is not designed for a phone with a slider qwerty..it happens. Dont let it deter you from using MIUI