1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Swapper 2 ad/mal-ware????

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by jdmm72, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

I just noticed with a recent update, that swapper 2 has become ad/malware. When the application starts, it now force opens a browser window with a redirect to ads. Then it proceeds to play a video. This causes noticible traffic and cpu cycles. This is WITHOUT clicking on the advertisements in the program (ie: Android version of random pop-ups).

Also, apparently, when it autostarts from boot, it tries to load and maintain these advertisements cause rapid battery use. I have completely uninstalled, provided feedback as malicious to google, and provided a bad review and rating.

I thought my phone got some type of malware/virus thing, but the only app that does this is Swapper 2. I'm running CyanogenMod 7 RC2 on a CDMA Milestone with a P3 Droid kernel.
Search tags for this page
swapper 2 ads off

swapper 2 anleitung

swapper 2 mal