Supercharger Script Research

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Buckmarble and I have both run the V6 Supercharger script after flashing the latest version of Maverick and have seen great results. The battery life on the ROM is already great and this takes it even further. This thread is for any questions as well as if you guys can post some results that would be great so we can see how the ROM is doing with this script. Maybe someday we can incorporate some settings from it into the ROM itself and bring this thing to the next level :)
  • First make sure you download Script Manager this will run this script and allow things to be set on boot.
  • Here are the install instructions straight from the author - Website
  • Here are the latest scripts for download - Website
Please make sure to follow instructions closely and read the results. Personally I am using the most aggressive option under the 512HP section.

After you have installed and setup the scripts to you liking make sure you fully charge and wipe battery stats, either through recovery or using an app like Battery Calibration.

Post your results here with the following information:
  • The full name of the script you downloaded
  • The options you chose when installing the script
  • Kernal Version
  • Baseband Version
  • And then of course your findings on how your phone runs with your setup.
  • If you want screenshots of your battery usage would be much appreciated.
Your help in this research and tweaking is greatly appreciated! This community is awesome and I love developing for you guys! Thanks again!

TVo

Reaction score
Just installed it so I will edit when I've fully charged the battery, calibrated, and tested a bit.

Thanks for turning me on to this!!

gkitab

Reaction score
Well Ped, can vouch for these scripts I used to use them on my DROID X2. Zeps scripts of course are well know. When I Whatever my X2 I used the Init.d hack and navendrobs scripts I found to have the best balance between speed and battery life. Overminds speedy scripts were fast but tended to fry my battery. Never used Zeps scripts cause navendrobs where simpler to use with the init.d hack. If I remember correctly init.d used the /system/etc folder and put init.d folder in there with scripts and would run on boot on its own without script manager and multiple settings which made it simpler. Then navendrobs built it right into his ATRIX rom port which wad it even easier. The init.d hack if it would work on DROID 3 would be much simpler especially for less experienced people. Im curious if init.d hack from X2 would work on DROID 3 though being that X2 is tegra2 and we are map which I believe to be better performance wise. No you cought my curiosity going. I the dx2 guys when I got the d3 if this concept would work in the forums and got no answer. They are actually on xda if I remember correctly. Have not been over in X2 section for months. I may try for ****s and giggles.

EDIT: Tried flashing DX2 init.d hack both versions no go. I dont know if there is a way to modify them to work on D3. Like i said this method make appling scripts idiot proof. I have read that they even use this to apply zeps scripts. You should check it out. Id be willing to be guinea pig to test. I don not have the knowledge to mae it work.
Edited by gkitab, Today, 11:49 PM.

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just learned today how to create a workaround for init.d since the D3 does not have this by default. I will be working this week on getting that up and running and then we can just drop scripts into that folder to set values at boot.

gkitab

Reaction score
I just learned today how to create a workaround for init.d since the D3 does not have this by default. I will be working this week on getting that up and running and then we can just drop scripts into that folder to set values at boot.

That would be awesome. As my above post said I tried the Dx2 ones for the heck of it last night. Did no harm but did not work. If you can get it to work like I said it would be very easy for everyone. When I had the X2 I was using that method and it was easy also to switch. Just delete scripts in folder then put new one in there. People would also make flashable zips that would clean out old an put new in.

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ya that's the goal. Plus this can be used for much more than just memory tweaks. With this setup you can run any script you want at boot :)

Dom1000

Reaction score
When it says to run 99supercharge at boot does that mean i need to go download that scrript?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dbones

Reaction score
I ran the latest script option #7 512 aggressive, and it does nothing, just goes back to default settings afterwards? ....

Edit: nevermind, I'm stupid

Last edited:

Dom1000

Reaction score
Loaded it up to give it a go. Have to calibrate battery, but will check back in with results.

Ive got these same settings, file, baseband and kernel

Hasnt been a very hard day but i have made a few calls and had a couple kids playing some games for a bit...also been texting all day on it almost...i normally have to charge it by about 6 or 7 or it starts getting low...i have also noticed that the battery drops more steeply right after its charged and then once it gets around 80% it holds it better...

right now its at 50% been on battery for 18 hours here is a screenshot

Last edited:

Dom1000

Reaction score
Heres another screenshot of the graph

im on the extended battery btw

Last edited:

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I have some questions before trying this.
1) You say scriptmanager will make sure it runs at boot - however the guide says "Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!"
Which is it?

2) So I shouldn't do step 4 from the guide? Does this mean the script will need to be re-done when you reboot>?

Last edited:

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
i am very interested with this script..... gonna do me some research

OK so after installing and running script. I notice that now contacts is fc all the time. How do you remove the script so I can see if that is the problem.

Last edited:

Daaz

Reaction score
everything is fine nothing is broken ;)

can't wait to calibrate tomorrow and see the improvements!

..what did you guys put for the home memory option? does maverick have that? i cant find it

..are you guys running a higher temp or is this all in my head?

Last edited:

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Just tried this. Seems everything went OK.
I don't understand however if things won't persist after rebooting? What needs to run on boot with the init.d, only the cleaning?