SUPER UPSET about this 2.2 crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

syscrash

My complaint is if the Droid X is suppose to be the flag ship of the droid phones why is it the last to get the update.

syscrash

if the Droid 2 is suppose to be the same as the droid x internally then why two different updates. if the reason for the 2.2 hold up is the exchange issues then why release it for the droid 2 and the HTC droid. I think they are holding out so they can sell more droid 2. have you noticed there have not been any stock issues with the droid 2. could that mean they are not selling. So having the droid 2 with 2.2 gives them a selling point to try an move droid 2 inventory

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
if the Droid 2 is suppose to be the same as the droid x internally then why two different updates. if the reason for the 2.2 hold up is the exchange issues then why release it for the droid 2 and the HTC droid. I think they are holding out so they can sell more droid 2. have you noticed there have not been any stock issues with the droid 2. could that mean they are not selling. So having the droid 2 with 2.2 gives them a selling point to try an move droid 2 inventory

If you followed the thread you would understand that there were issues when testing 2.2 with the X.

Droid 2 comes native with 2.2. You have a valid point that internally they should be the same but obviously that's not the case. There's got to be some differences that's holding it up.

I don't believe for 1 second that it's a marketing ploy, because that's just not the way that Verizon works. For example, they released 2.2 on the Droid before the Droid 2 came out. If it was marketing they would have held up the Droid as well.

If you followed the thread you would understand that there were issues when testing 2.2 with the X.

Droid 2 comes native with 2.2. You have a valid point that internally they should be the same but obviously that's not the case. There's got to be some differences that's holding it up.

I don't believe for 1 second that it's a marketing ploy, because that's just not the way that Verizon works. For example, they released 2.2 on the Droid before the Droid 2 came out. If it was marketing they would have held up the Droid as well.

Maybe, maybe not on your last point.

The Droid 1 sales are waning and the way to breathe new life into it before it is completely discontinued is to give it a freshness that only an OS update can provide.

On the "not" side, it really shouldn't matter but people perceive latest as greatest even though this is not always the case (see iPhone 4) and can sometimes be a bad way to decide on something.

But either way it is or was or will be, there is no use in complaining that the update is not here at this time. Complaining won't make it arrive any faster than the developers of the product want it to arrive.

The last statement is a general statement not meant for anyone in particular.

droidphreak

I think its interesting that they are not putting the next batch of phones out till 9/22. Im waiting for my replacment and I would be very happy if it came with stock Froyo. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Was reading an article just a while ago.... Skyhook has a lawsuit against Google right now. Skyhook is a location service.

With the Droid X, Google ordered a 'stop ship' on all X's. This was so that Skyhook services could be removed from the phone, and replaced with Google Location Services. This is what has led to such a back order on DX's.

Also, this change caused some issues with the OS and probably (educated guess here) the 2.2 update. Hence why it has been pushed back.

Skyhook: Google forced Motorola to drop our location service, delay the Droid X -- Engadget

was just at my local Verizon store purchasing the extended battery. of course I asked about 2.2

at first the sales girl said she was surprised that I didn't receive a notification for the FroYo update. then a few seconds later she seemed to recall something and said that the first update had some bugs and that they would reissue 2.2 sometime later this month.

and the wait continues.

Gee223

was just at my local Verizon store purchasing the extended battery. of course I asked about 2.2

at first the sales girl said she was surprised that I didn't receive a notification for the FroYo update. then a few seconds later she seemed to recall something and said that the first update had some bugs and that they would reissue 2.2 sometime later this month.

and the wait continues.

She sounds just a tad clueless or she can't keep her devices straight. Was she hot? How can you not know that your flagship device doesn't have the baddest OS to date yet? Was she the one at that store who was carrying the novelty phone, there is always at least one.

Last edited:
OP
B

bgillyjcu

LOL...later this month means October boys. There goes "end of summer".

That being said....MAN I love my X!

Status
Not open for further replies.