SUPER UPSET about this 2.2 crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackelbait

Reaction score
My Stock X works perfectly no glitches that I am aware of or that are troublesome so far
Hmmm... Have you tried turning it on and using it?

That was the problem, I never had it on !!

Im sure it has issues but none that bother me and make me wanna complain about them

Camera Works as I need, It takes Photos and Video

Phone makes calls and surfs the App store for random junk

Internet works

Touch Screen Works a few non responsives maybe twice so far but maybe I didnt press hard enough reguardless not enough to bother me

FaceBook works

Am I missing something ?

zonaRSX

Reaction score
My Stock X works perfectly no glitches that I am aware of or that are troublesome so far
Hmmm... Have you tried turning it on and using it?

That was the problem, I never had it on !!

Im sure it has issues but none that bother me and make me wanna complain about them

Camera Works as I need, It takes Photos and Video

Phone makes calls and surfs the App store for random junk

Internet works

Touch Screen Works a few non responsives maybe twice so far but maybe I didnt press hard enough reguardless not enough to bother me

FaceBook works

Am I missing something ?

Haha, just messin.. But I see what you're saying and I'm the same way. Only thing that bugged me was the navigation issue where it kept leaving the nav screen for some reason. Everything else seems to work ok. I have had it freeze on me once and then I turned it back on and it froze on the start up screen which was weird. I had to remove the battery and get it going again...

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Knock on Wood I'm glitch free. I stay away from dumb apps that might cause problems and try to keep it simple.

illmatic636

Reaction score
You just got the Phone.

A month later you all are asking for software updates? Did anyone bother looking at the phone or reading the specks? If they had Android 2.2 ready for the "X" It would have been shipped with it. If you want the update before it's official the only thing you can do is Root!!

If your not willing to, that's fine. It just bothers me to see this thread get so much attention. Makes me want to read somewhere else.

The title to this thread is very dumb!

Tower101

Reaction score
:r_c:

I have had my DX since launch 2 of my friends have it as well and many at work. Not one is having a problem other then batter life (common across all smart phones). Most only bother to go on line and post stuff when they are having problems, sadly many/most "problems" are user error.

Is it perfect? LOL NO but please point me to a phone that is. If some of you are so upset that they don't have a update or you think the phone is full of bugs might I suggest you get a different phone. I hear the iphone is nice :biggrin:

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worst part of all of this... as soon as everyone has 2.2 the complaints will roll in that people want 3.0 :icon_ devil:

Ralffers

Reaction score
The only reason I'm so impatient for this update is I want improved battery life; could careless about everything else...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The great part is all the posts that will come with new issues with the "official" 2.2 or even old ones that were not fixed. Think we need to pull 2.2 release off the golden throne it has been placed on. I loved this phone before I rooted and upgraded to the leaked 2.2, upgrading did seem to change much. I got flash, and using 2 gmails was a little easier. If you are having that many problems with your phone I think you are going to be disappointed thinking 2.2 is going to fix everything.

Reaction score
A month later you all are asking for software updates? Did anyone bother looking at the phone or reading the specks? If they had Android 2.2 ready for the "X" It would have been shipped with it. If you want the update before it's official the only thing you can do is Root!!

If your not willing to, that's fine. It just bothers me to see this thread get so much attention. Makes me want to read somewhere else.

The title to this thread is very dumb!

You always have the option of ignoring the thread.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ye that happened with the storm, the phone came out months ahead of when it was supposed to (during Christmas time) which is why there were so many problems...it was rushed. Honestly, I don't even know what Froyo is gonna do for me that's gonna make the phone so much better. Besides flash player but that's about it. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. The DX is far from broke.

On the Storm, I had to reboot 3 times a day cause of memory leaks (I had an app that stimulated battery pulls...pathetic I know. It even did it automatically when I went to sleep so in the morning it would be fresh and ready to go) and if I downloaded more than 3 apps. Oh crappppppppppp

That's why I joined this forum before I got a droid and asked a million questions about memory, memory leak, apps, etc etc before I got the first droid. First droid was a nice phone, but the DX...it's on a different level.

The DX out of the box is an error prone device. MANY people have issues with the phone locking up and random rebooting. There are problems with the WIFI for some as well. Also, dont even get me started on the poor battery life and overall performance of the phone.

With the leaked 2.2, I as well as well as everyone else do not experience the random reboots anymore.

The phone never locks up on me.

The phone is FAST!!! That is actually an understatement.

The web browser has improvements with its javascript and overall performance which has been well documented.

The new Voice functions are INCREDIBLE!!!! This is my absolute favorite feature of 2.2!!!!

Bootup times are quicker.

The phone has overall with the leaked 2.2 made my smartphone experience better than anything Ive ever experienced in my life!!!

Flash is really my least favorite of all the new features. I hardly utilize it to be honest. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The wifi thing, sometimes my wifi doesn't turn on as soon as I'd like it to. I've had similar problems. And my phone has rebooted once or twice out of nowhere, or it just went blank for like a good minute and freaked me out. My battery fluctuates, when I charge it GOOD though, the phone lasts forever.

Honestly, I hope you're right about 2.2 I hope it gets TEN times better. The phone is far from perfect, but it's not error prone either. They're just small problems it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.