Upgraded to 2.2 now Speed Dial doesn't work

JTAndrews

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to 2.2, and I had to do a factory reset to get rid of the PIN request on start up. Now I am trying to get my phone back to where it was before the reset, and I am having trouble with Speed Dials (the ones you get to by pushing and holding 1-9 on the dialer keypad). The speed dials were present after the 2.2 upgrade and before the reset.

I get the screen that asks me if I want to assign a speed dial, and I even get the next screen and can chose the contact that I want to assign to the speed dial. Everything seems to work, but the speed dial is not assigned.

I have tried both ways that I know how to assign speed dials- using the menu, and pushing and holding one of the speed dials keys. Neither works.

I use this feature several times a day, and I am hoping to get it back soon. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
JT

stngfreek

Reaction score
I have noticed this problem as well. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Motorola SMS software update... one can only hope anyways....l

hoff56501

Reaction score
my gps dosent work after the 2.2, verizon said that it is a known issue and will have to wait for the fix