Sun Glare

EMC23

Reaction score
I have noticed that it is very difficult to see my phone when outside. I do have the brightness turned all the way down for battery saving purposes and I have a Steinheil Crystal protector on my screen. My question, does anyone else have this problem or has anyone found a good remedy?
TIA

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I run mine on auto with the Steinheil Crystal, and while it's not the best, I've never had problems seeing the phone in the sun. Most phones will be tough to see in the sun with the brightness turned all the way down.

a031363

Reaction score
I have noticed that it is very difficult to see my phone when outside. I do have the brightness turned all the way down for battery saving purposes and I have a Steinheil Crystal protector on my screen. My question, does anyone else have this problem or has anyone found a good remedy?
TIA
I have the same setup as you and I just turn up the brightness when I am going outside so I can see. Then when I go back inside, I turn the brightness down again. I do not think there is any other option than this or go on auto as LtKen does!

Kmart95

Reaction score
Ya the only solution to your problem is to turn up the brightness. I use the brightness part of the power control widget. When Im outdoors and its cloudy I tap the brightness section once and when its sunny I press it twice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
The glass is highly reflective and images are difficult to see in daylight. The camera needs a small hood like you see on camera lenses and brightness turned up high. That would help some.

When I'm shooting video, I can barely see the image I shooting.