Streaming music with bluetooth

king59

Reaction score
Hello folks. I just got a razr maxx yesterday so I'm still learning on it. I'm also looking at getting a set of wireless bluetooth headphones. My question is what all is involved with getting these to work with this phone? I listen to a lot of Iheart radio and Pandora at work and have been replacing headphones left and right because of the wired headphones wire breaking. I'm kind of a smartphone newbie so any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

parkschr

Reaction score
They are fairly easy to connect. You just have to put the phone and Bluetooth head set in discoverable mode. I use a Motorola s305 for my headset. They stay on my head during running or mowing the lawn. However, the music skips because they are Bluetooth. I have read that Bluetooth head sets do this. Lets see what other users say about Bluetooth head sets.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
As parkschr said, setup is easy - the headphones will come with instructions. I use Motorola's as well (don't have the model number handy). Love not worrying about a cord, and mine never 'skips' during playback...

parkschr

Reaction score
I too love not having cords to mess with. But for me, the skipping can get annoying.

Wait a minute, I have not used this headset with my new razr maxx. I was using them on my droid incredible.

OP
K

king59

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to be sure it would work using iheart radio. Im looking at the LG tone headphones.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I have the LG headphones and love them. The sound is great and they are much better than the Motorola S9-HD that I had. I went through 3 sets of the motorolas before giving up on them in favor of the LG. Although moto says the S9's are sweat resistant, they are in fact not.

As mentioned above, pairing is easy and sound quality is good. I have not experienced any skipping at all. I was also worried how using BT headsets would affect my battery life but have not noticed an appreciable difference.

Finally, the stock music player is very basic and does not give you muck tone control. I have tried many of the free music apps and found that the free JetAudio is quite good.

David

ascotinmpls

Reaction score
They are fairly easy to connect. You just have to put the phone and Bluetooth head set in discoverable mode. I use a Motorola s305 for my headset. They stay on my head during running or mowing the lawn. However, the music skips because they are Bluetooth. I have read that Bluetooth head sets do this. Lets see what other users say about Bluetooth head sets.

I have the s305 also, but don't experience any skipping. I've had it paired with a Droid 2 Global, Samsung Stratosphere, iPhone 4 and now my RAZR MAXX and the only device i have had issues with is the iPhone 4. With the iPhone it occasionally had paring issues - never any skipping though.

I use it along with Google Music and Endomondo while exercising.

1coopgt

Reaction score
I have Sony DR-BT100CX and just got Sony MW600. Both Blue tooth sets are Earbud style . I bought this stye so I could listen to music with my motorcycle helmet . The earbuds are small enough that they don't snag when pulling the helmet on.

Pairing the bluetooth headsets is real easy and both of these work great . No skipping or lose of signal. The MW600 also has built in FM radio .

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use the Moto s305 for music including iHeart, Pandora, and the stock music app. No skipping. I have a Blue Ant hands free that I use for iHeart talk radio when I'm working. No one knows I am listing to something, just looks like I like my hands free in my ear a lot

OP
K

king59

Reaction score
I just took a look at the sony and think ill try it out instead of the LG. I like the idea of being able to put any headphones i want on it...