How fast to bluetooth headphones drain your battery?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by dcamble, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dcamble

dcamble New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never used bluetooth headphones or an earpiece with any of my smartphones before. In everyone's experience, how much quicker does the battery drain when listening to music via bluetooth vs a pair of wired headphones?

2. geronimogman

geronimogman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i use the motorola s9 headphones when i work out i prob use em three hours consitently and it doesnt even put a dent n my battery. the phone stays n my pocket the whole time n prob only uses ten or twenty percent of the batteru when im done

3. BiGJaYDROID

BiGJaYDROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use my moto h500 bt headset ( yes I know this is an old one but I just bought it new cuz I love the on the ear feel as opposed to the in the ear feel) and it only uses 2% of the battery ... you can check to see what is using your battery go to setting>about phone>Battery use. It will tell you exactly what is draining or not draining your battery...:greendroid:

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I've been using my [FONT=&quot]Sony DRBT100CX Bluetooth earbuds for a month and a half and they/Bluetooth do not have much of an impact on the battery of the Droid. I just checked on my phone and under Battey Usage Bluetooth wasn't even listed. I think this means that on my phone the usage is less than 2%.
    [/FONT]

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Completely depends on how much you use the BT and for what. On simple standby the notice will be negligible (as long as you get a newer, standard 2 or higher headset). If you are going to use them to listen to music it will have a noticeable drain but shouldn't be to bad but again, this will depend on how long you use it and other conditions. Of course listening to music non-stop is going to drain your battery considerably (but you should still get a good 8+ hrs while performing other tasks).

6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Just wanted to point out that I used my Bluetooth earbuds for over 5 hours yesterday. I had almost 2 hours of phone usage and about 3 hours of audiobook listening. It still showed less than 2% of battery usage for Bluetooth.

Search tags for this page

bluetooth headphones drain battery

bluetooth headphones kill battery
do bluetooth headphones drain battery
do bluetooth headphones drain iphone battery
do bluetooth headphones drain phone battery
does battery drain when using bluetooth earbuds?
does bluetooth drain battery android

does bluetooth drain your battery

does bluetooth headset drain battery

how much does bluetooth drain battery