Listening to Music through Bluetooth

Reaction score
Sorry, newbie here with a Droid X.

Was looking for a way to listen to music through a mono bluetooth earpiece. Mostly podcasts, sports talk, so it's not important to have a full set of headphones on.

Any help would be appreciated.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
it can't be a certain type.... the one ear piece style like this won't work.....

bluetooth20headset.jpg

but rather, you need a stereo bluetooth... this is what I have
MotorolaS9Bluetooth01.jpg

No complaints.... controls on the ear peice for song skip, ffd, rwd, mute, volume....

OP

Reaction score
So, no mono one will work?

quebert

Reaction score
it can't be a certain type.... the one ear piece style like this won't work.....

Not true, there are regular BT headsets that support A2DP. While it wouldn't sound very good, many none headphone BT headsets do have A2DP.

OP

Reaction score
Like i said i am only listening to sports talk radio.

quebert

Reaction score
Like i said i am only listening to sports talk radio.

Then all you need to look for is a headset with A2DP, you don't need to spend $80 on BT headphones to listen to talk radio.

Big4ce1

Reaction score
Go to Sams Club and get a Blue Ant V1. It supports that feature.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I bought a Motorola Headset from the Verizon Store itself. It has that "Moto-Speak" so it not only sends music and what not to my earpiece, it even sends my Google Navigation Turn-by-turn through my earpiece (which is nice)

H17txt with MotoSpeak? - Overview - Motorola USA

Google Product Search online

You can find them online anywhere from $30 to $60 or higher.
Its easy to use, flipping open the microphone part starts it up automatically putting it into pairing mode so even if you swap phones or devices its a snap. My previous Jawbone 2 had an awkward arrangement to put it into pairing mode.

Last edited:

droid6user

Reaction score
Everything works with altec lansing / plantronics backbeat 906R. Can use to talk and switch in and out of bluetooth connected to droidX.