1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music through bluetooth.

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by Mr.Coupe, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Coupe

Mr.Coupe New Member

I would like to know if there's a way so I could listen to my music through my bluetooth earpiece? I get bored at work and am allowed to listen to my own music, but hearing it with the speaker drains the battery. Any help is thankful. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Ricky C.
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

blueant q1 allows this
  3. cyber3d

cyber3d New Member

I believe all new BT sets have the ADAP protocal. That's what you need. I have a Plantronics 855 stereo BT ear bud system and it works very well for audio. Decent for speech not so for high fidelity music.
  4. Mr.Coupe

Mr.Coupe New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I currently have a Motorola H12. Is there an app that will allow me to do this?

Ricky C.
  5. pb8185

pb8185 New Member

I think you mean A2DP, although ADAP might be some crazy new technology I haven't heard of.
  6. skidemn

skidemn New Member

You could also use a bluetooth receiver with powered speakers which is what I use on my desk. I have a Y adapter in between my desktop speakers and my computer which allows the bluetooth adapter to plug in.
  7. Mr.Coupe

Mr.Coupe New Member

Well I walk around a lot so it would have to be through my earpiece bluetooth. I have a desk, but when I'm on it I have no need to listen to my music because I have an MP3 player there. When I leave my desk I'm checking inventory and new merchandise for hours and putting in onto it's place in the huge stockroom. So I walk around back there. Which is why I want to be able to hear in through my H12 Earpiece bluetooth. I listened to my music a few times with the speaker, but my battery was drained after so I'd rather use the bluetooth. Thanks for helping me out guys. Please keep your thoughts coming.

Ricky C.
  8. Raeuber

Raeuber New Member

I bought Motorola S305 headphones. Music sounds great and you can even answer phone calls on them. They mute the song on your droid when the phone rings. After you hang up the phone, the song resumes at the spot where it was stopped. And all that without having to take your droid out of your pocket or desk drawer. Great!
  9. trevorparsons

trevorparsons New Member

Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but when looking around online at various BT headsets and their specs, I don't see any retailers listing A2DP for any of the models (except the Blueant Q1).

Can someone possibly post a list of BT headsets that include A2DP for us??
  10. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

You can also try the very cool Motorola Motorokr EQ5 Bluetooth speakers. I have it and it sounds great. It's rechargeable and work really well with the Droid.
  11. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

why not just use regular headphones? It has a 3.5 jack.
  12. mkietzma

mkietzma New Member

I just purchased mororokr s9-hd today and they work great with the droid. they DO support A2DP. They paired instantly and allow me to make and tak calls from them (I bought them for my walk towork every morning)
  13. nuguy

nuguy New Member

Seriously, the op has asked a specific question, and every answer is to go buy something??? Or use some different hardware?

This is a bluetooth profile issue, one is missing.

This is standard on all win mobile phones, and it's stupid that in order to listen to any audio except a phone call that you need a stereo bt, or a wired device, or a car - essentially no noise unless you listen in stereo...
  14. Mr.Coupe

Mr.Coupe New Member

nuguy knows what I'm asking and talking about, BTW thanks dude. Are there any solutions out there for me?

Ricky C.
  15. nuguy

nuguy New Member

Not that I know of, it was a search that lead me to your post...
  16. OriginalCyn

OriginalCyn New Member

Go to your android market and download "Super BT Mono Free Trial" before purchasing "Super BT Mono Pro". Make sure your bluetooth is turned on and connected; start your music app, go to new app and click "Turn On Super Mono". I found it didn't work initially with my older bluetooth but did imediately after first hitting the "Turn Off Super Mono" button followed with the "Turn On Super Mono" button. This program works great and I'll definitely spend the $5.99 for the full version! I'm so happy something finally works and I didn't have to purchase a new BT! Hopefully it works for you! =)
  17. sheriduh

sheriduh New Member

Thanks for the tip OriginalCyn. That is just what I needed, too. The quality of the sound isn't great, but that could be my BT. I want to ditch the corded headphones for working out because I am always hitting the cord and am afraid my phone will go flying. Awesome app! dancedroid
  18. OriginalCyn

OriginalCyn New Member

I'm so happy to hear I was able to help someone, sheriduh because I myself couldn't find any answers besides spending money on a new bluetooth! ;)
  19. wwspic36

wwspic36 New Member

I installed Super Mono BT pro for my Droid Pro. I can not see the entire screen. I can not check or uncheck the three sentences. When I tilt to landscape the app does not move. I don't know if it will work if I can not turn it on.
Search tags for this page
can i hear music through motorola h12

cannot sync bluetooth to droid phone to plat music

desktop bluetooth listen to music
droid razr music does not play on bluetooth jawbone speaker
how do i get music from droid to bluetooth hm6000
how to play music over bluetooth to desktop
how to play music through bluetooth desktop

how to play music through bluetooth on droid

how to play music through my bluetooth droid

listen to music bluetooth droid x
motorola h12 bluetooth headset stream music