Stock update

JohnS

Reaction score
Anyone tried to SBF back to 4.6.8 yet?

I have SBF'ed back from 4.6.8 and 4.7.3 a half dozen times or so while learning to preserve root and radio unlock while updating to 4.7.3. I never had a problem.

Unfortunately the only SBF file I have is 2.26.20. I would like to have the newer ones but cannot locate any. The links here are dead.

I saw the messages from those who had problems and it appears that they had a botched or incomplete programming.

silver6054

Reaction score
I have SBF'ed back from 4.6.8 and 4.7.3 a half dozen times or so while learning to preserve root and radio unlock while updating to 4.7.3. I never had a problem.

Unfortunately the only SBF file I have is 2.26.20. I would like to have the newer ones but cannot locate any. The links here are dead.

I saw the messages from those who had problems and it appears that they had a botched or incomplete programming.

That is interesting, because there have been NO reports of anyone successfully doing this with the Droid X and Droid 2 Global (and the X community at least is pretty big). So I wonder why they didn't block it for the pro, especially as this is marketed as a business phone! Well, lucky Pro owners.....

JohnS

Reaction score
So I wonder why they didn't block it for the pro, especially as this is marketed as a business phone! Well, lucky Pro owners.....

I am new to the message boards so I have not been following other phones. Maybe the PRO has smaller sales numbers?

Or maybe there are other variables. Do all the SBF's rewrite the bootloader?

Last edited:

r3j2

Reaction score
Can anyone post the zip file of the 4.7.3 update? I downloaded one, but I think it was corrupted, or the incorrect version, because it failed to install. I'm reluctant to use the OTA because it failed on me once, and the other time somehow OTA Rootkeeper couldn't restore root, and I was stuck.

Thanks!

JohnS

Reaction score

r3j2

Reaction score
Not quite sure what to do with all the instructions for the unlocked radio. I'm not going to pay for a sim unlock, as I don't need one. I'm at a total loss. OTA Rootkeeper says that is has a protected su copy, but simply will not restore it. I even get a toast notification saying "root su restored" but that isn't actually the case. Has anyone else had this process fail? I came from a fresh sbf of 3.6.8.