Stock update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by pcpilot309, Mar 17, 2012.

1. pavlak21

pavlak21 New Member

Got the up date downloaded. But it fails to install... my phone is rooted and I have bootstrap recovery installed .. anyone having this issue. Thanks

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  2. SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1 New Member

I've been getting the "Install update" populating on my screen, but I keep postponing it. Waiting to see what anyone has to say about it 1st.
  3. LoriO1225

LoriO1225 New Member

Got the update last night. This morning I opened an email & the phone locked up, got a blank screen, had to reboot. The email wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was a fluke. We'll see...

4. SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1 New Member

LoriO1225 I went ahead and did the upgrade a short while ago. I didn't want to continue hitting the "snooze button" lol, on the update screen every time it populated.
    Too early to tell what, if any, has been affected with this update. Just being a realist based on the previous "fluke" updates.
  5. SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1 New Member

Something I noticed...
    Perhaps it was fixed, finally, with today's update.
    Since the day I received this phone, Nov 2010 (per-ordered it before it ever hit the stores), whenever I selected to have the "POWER BUTTON END THE CALL" the problem was, if I was on a call using the speaker, once the screen timed out, the only way to turn the screen back on was to "press the power button" hence the phone call would get disconnected.
    Either had to change the display settings to always on or else not use the speaker during a call in the event I had to retrieve something during the call, conference a call... so I never used the "power button" option.
    However, today I noticed that pressing the volume keys up or down that the screen reappears during a call. Thanks VZW & Motorola for finally fixing that! For the last 18 years I've been with VZW (formerly Air Touch Cellular, formerly US West Cellular) & always had Motorola brand phones.
    Don't let me down VZW & Motorola.
  6. badcat

badcat New Member

The update was supposed to fix a few GB related issues like spacebar lockups, phones restarting themselves after being powered down and flaky keyboard backlighting. My phone suffered from the last two issues since GB. I applied the update this morning and the phones been up over 12 hrs with no noticable effect on battery life (which was ok on my phone) or anything else for that matter. If it fixes those two issues for me I'll be satisfied. Too early to tell though...
  7. SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1 New Member

RE: Battery Usage Update
    * Immediately after the update this morning I noticed a significant drain on the battery like some others have mentioned as well.
    I removed the battery, reinstalled it, charged it back up to 100% & have been testing it since.
    * I can attest to this: In the past,like clockwork, when I turned the standalone GPS on it used to drain 20-30% within 1 hour.
    After the update this morning, & recalibrating both batteries (the spare w/ charging port) I used Standalone GPS for 1.5 hrs with normal activity & it's still at 90% charged.
    So based on that I have seen an improvement.
    Of course this is only day 1 so I will continue to note & post as needed.
    I hope this information is helpful.
  8. badcat

badcat New Member

I didn't see any degradation in battery life after the update myself. The phone really doesn't seem much different to me (that's a good thing! :biggrin:). The issues I did have were sort of random so it will take some time to see if its any better or not. So far no problems.
  9. JackpotClavin

JackpotClavin Developer Developer

can anybody pull the update for me? there should be a zip stored in the /cache directory. i can't get it because my phone isn't connected to the network anymore.

if you're having trouble installing the update if you are bootstrapped, it's because the bootstrap modifies a few files. the zip initially checks that everything is cool with the system so it can patch the files. if your files have been tampered with, the zip will fail because it only works with an untampered system
  10. Omgitsjack

Omgitsjack New Member

id like the new update zip because i stuck w 4.6.4 n rooted n got ota rootkeeper so im set

11. gsu_golfer

gsu_golfer New Member

Not sure if that's going to work for you. Updating from 4.6.4 to 4.6.8 doesn't work, if I remember correctly. Don't think you can skip an update.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
  12. Skyrocketing

Skyrocketing New Member

To anyone having the issue where the install fails, it is because you are rooted (as far as I know). It happened to me, and when I unrooted, it worked. Also, can you root once you update?
  13. gsu_golfer

gsu_golfer New Member

Has been said that you presently can not.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
  14. Omgitsjack

Omgitsjack New Member

duly noted! where can i find this 4.6.8update

15. Skyrocketing

Skyrocketing New Member

It's 4.7.3 and it's OTA, so go to your phone's settings, About Phone, and System Updates
  16. stigr

stigr New Member

Nonsense writing.
    I have never used Verizon. I take the impurity operator. And I normally download the update.
    If anyone should then posted it on Motofan http://forum.motofan.ru/index.php?s=&showtopic=1730230&view=findpost&p=1661311
    In the name please do not watch it really 4.7.3
  17. ozo012

ozo012 New Member

I'm running your CM7 but I can try to get it from my sister's phone for you (not sure of an ETA because she's at school.)
  18. SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1 New Member

Thanks Moto, Google, VZW... for the latest update with the annoying, audible unprofessional "Droooiiiidddd" that now sounds when powering up my un-rooted phone that's in "SILENT" mode!!!!
  19. Omgitsjack

Omgitsjack New Member

Fixed n updated to new version w root.

20. badcat

badcat New Member

So far my phone is behaving better overall. Hasn't "magically" restarted itself and the keyboard backlight seems better. Still have the very annoying issue of it dropping its Bluetooth link to my car constantly though... Dropped an outgoing call, took an incoming call then dropped another outgoing call... :blink:
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
Search tags for this page
battery status bar problem sk17
download sbf 3.6.8 zip

droid pro 4.6.8 sbf

droid pro 4.6.8 update download

droid pro 4.6.8 update.zip

droid pro 4.7.3 download

droid pro 4.7.3 update.zip

droid pro update 4.7.3

droid pro update.zip
droid x2 stock update