Droid Pro Update Coming?

StingRay

Reaction score
Stumbled upon Update info for the Droid Pro at the following link...

On the eve of Verizon iPhone 4 release, Verizon Updates Motorola Droid Pro, Samsung Fascinate : Khabrein.info

You'll notice in the brief statement that it does not say when this update is coming, but that this statement was made within the last 24 hours...

The other interesting note is that it says "At the same time the company also announced that the devices were not getting the new version of the Android OS."...not sure if that means that the Droid Pro would never get 2.3 or that this coming update was not 2.3...

Finally, the only mention of what the Pro update included was that "According to Verizon, it will help improve audio on voice calls."...don't get me wrong, I'm all for improved audio, but there better be something in there that improves the exchange email push syncing consistency...

Anyway, I'll be hitting "check for updates" over the next few days...

Last edited:

hotkoko

Reaction score
I hope my pro gets gingerbread. That would be nice, but probably not

Sent from my DROID PRO

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Although my pro is functioning just fine, I always love an update. I'll believe this when a single person reports getting an update. Just a thought - the last updates for the pro and fascinate were announced the same time in Dec or Jan - so I'm betting whoever wrote this article (that has no source or confirmed information) is just digging up old news.

hotkoko

Reaction score
I agree, its probably an old post

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
very well could be...haven't seen anything posted on another site, and to be honest whoever wrote the article didn't seem to be very knowledgable about anything...including the ability to complete a sentence...

Matt, the forum admin over at Motorola forums, has claimed for some time that there will be an update coming out in the near future that will hopefully fix the exchange push syncing issues...I'm hopeful that maybe this is what he was talking about...