Update invite from Motorola

Sebastian

Reaction score
So, this is pretty cool. Over the next few days they're going to roll this out to registered users on their site.

Just want to address a few questions that I expect some owners to have, and provide a draft (not final) of the release notes.

• Can I get the update if I'm rooted? Probably not. Most of the time updates pass by rooted devices. You can try restoring to stock to get the update. (Don't ask us how -- if you can root, you probably know where to find the answers. Posting information about root here is against site rules.) However, even devices that appear to be restored may not accept the update.
  • Will this update address existing Exchange issues? There are some Exchange improvements in the update, including some that address intermittent push for email. More are on the way, and we'll be watching to see what improvements result.
  • Is this a confidential Motorola Feedback Network project? Yes -- this community is private, and our interactions should be confidential. Please do not mention any aspect of this outside this private community or surveys we provide. Thanks.
  • Are we the only group testing this software? No. This software is in full release. But by gathering your feedback we hope to find out early if there is anything in the software that didn't show up when we tested it with dozens and hundreds, that will show when thousands get it. It also helps us verify that the expected changes happened. You are the only group providing direct feedback, so your input is important.
  • How long will we be involved in this test? Probably a week or less, but there are likely more tests to come.

Release notes:

Software Update for the DROID Pro by Motorola

Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 2 Pro by Motorola. The software update by Motorola (Version.2.26.60.XT610.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Upgrade today for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at DROID PRO - Motorola, Inc. USA.

Who Can Use This Release
ALL Motorola DROID Pro users.
After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice:

Enhancements:
    • Improved audio on voice calls.
    • Improved stability and performance.
    • User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
    • Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
    • Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
    • Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
    • Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
    • Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
    • Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
    • Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
    • Upgrade to Google applications Release 7.
Other Improvements:
    • Improved audio during voice calls.
    • Reduced user interface lock-ups.
Woo hoo!

StingRay

Reaction score
Certainly good news if everything is accurate....can you provide a link to the Moto site? So far there is no mention in their forums...

flash24

Reaction score
This is great news, hopefully this can get pushed out soon.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
Sebastian

Sebastian

Reaction score
Certainly good news if everything is accurate....can you provide a link to the Moto site? So far there is no mention in their forums...

This was an invite only. I didn't ask. I was just registered on their site. Its open to everyone. Go on your phone now and check for updates and it should start. Mine is going now.

akasirro

Reaction score
I just unRooted and am downloading from my Pro over wi-fi! Thanks for the heads up on this. I think this is available to all... I signed up on the moto site after reading the post so I can't say for sure that I'm part of the exclusive tester group - I can say that the only update notification was from your post :)

sayedrman

Reaction score
Downloading the update now. :)

UWSkier

Reaction score
I'm still rooted and downloading via wifi. Just went into settings-about phone-updates and there it was.

Edit: Blast! All my hacking. Even un-rooted I can't update. I suppose it's because I nuked amazon MP3 and cityID.

So, I'm still an Android noob. If I reinstall this stuff from the market, will I be able to update?

Last edited:

UWSkier

Reaction score
Seems my Titanium Backup didn't back up the apps, only the data. I need to try to find .apk's for CityID, Verizon Voicemail, Google Search, VZ Nav, Amazon MP3...

frikkin Verizon... Guess I'll just wait for a new stable ROM to come out.

leobg

Reaction score
I'm still rooted and downloading via wifi. Just went into settings-about phone-updates and there it was.

Edit: Blast! All my hacking. Even un-rooted I can't update. I suppose it's because I nuked amazon MP3 and cityID.

So, I'm still an Android noob. If I reinstall this stuff from the market, will I be able to update?

Yes - make sure /system/app has all stock apps in and update will succeed.

rafeee2

Reaction score
Phew, It's a good thing this came out before I actually get my Pro! I should be getting one in a few days shipped to Kuwait. Shipping is sooooooo slow these days though because of the weather.
Any idea if this solves the reboot issue everyone's having?

ThiloH

Reaction score
In need for apk's

Damn, i just wanted to update the phone and wanted to restore all my deleted applications.

apparently, none of my "backed up" applications are able to be restored...
rolleyes.gif

could somebody provide me with the following applications:
City ID 1.0.30
Backup Assistant 2.2
Backup Assistant 1.0
Yahoo Contacts 2.2
Help Center 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
My Verizon Mobile 5.0

would be really appreciated
smile.gif

Edit: If i would run a Factory Reset, would that restore all my deleted system applications?

Last edited:

flash24

Reaction score
Damn, i just wanted to update the phone and wanted to restore all my deleted applications.

apparently, none of my "backed up" applications are able to be restored...
rolleyes.gif

could somebody provide me with the following applications:
City ID 1.0.30
Backup Assistant 2.2
Backup Assistant 1.0
Yahoo Contacts 2.2
Help Center 2.2
Emergency Alert 1.0.0
My Verizon Mobile 5.0

would be really appreciated
smile.gif

Edit: If i would run a Factory Reset, would that restore all my deleted system applications?

Yes, it should restore everything back to normal once you do a Factory reset.

google123

Reaction score
I registered but my phone hasn't received the update yet =(