Update invite from Motorola

UWSkier

Reaction score
Err... Un-rooted, copied all missing .apks to the /system/app/ folder, even restored the stupid droid.ogg startup sound file and still the update is failing. Does anyone know if there's a syslog for this update process, and if so, where I can find it?

bwhite757

Reaction score
Having the same problem. I pulled a list of apk's from the system folder via adb, everything is there, and everything is renamed properly. Unrooted, update, update failed. I would like a log also....

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I have no idea why, but the update worked. I moved the missing apk files to my system/app folder, unrooted, rebooted, downloaded and installed update, rooted again. No initial impressions yet with update.

Maybe just try it again a couple times? Mine failed at least 3 times before working.

UWSkier

Reaction score
I can tell you what DOESN'T work. Don't create a new /app folder and paste all the apks in there. Boot loop. Hard reset no worky. Off to Verizon I go. Was having horrible call quality problems with this one anyways. LOL

I always like learning the hard way. :)

pilotrose

Reaction score
I can tell you what DOESN'T work. Don't create a new /app folder and paste all the apks in there. Boot loop. Hard reset no worky. Off to Verizon I go. Was having horrible call quality problems with this one anyways. LOL

I did pretty much the same thing...

I tried replacing the app folder provided earlier using root explorer, now when booting it get's hung on the "droid" part and says that over and over.

And just like you, the Hard Reset is not working. I am stuck overseas though, we really need an SBF or something so we can get these phones back up and running.

I'll pay some serious money! Just get my phone unbricked! Any ideas?

flash24

Reaction score

I tried replacing the app folder provided earlier using root explorer, now when booting it get's hung on the "droid" part and says that over and over.

And just like you, the Hard Reset is not working. I am stuck overseas though, we really need an SBF or something so we can get these phones back up and running.

Remove the battery, then put the battery back in and hold the power button and X at the same time.

If you have a back up restore them, if not then just reset your device to factory reset.

UWSkier

Reaction score

Remove the battery, then put the battery back in and hold the power button and X at the same time.

If you have a back up restore them, if not then just reset your device to factory reset.
Actually, on the Pro, you have to hold R and M while you power on. Once you see the Android logo with a yellow exclamation mark, you can press @, then use the volume rocker to move through the menu. From there you can reset.

But, it won't likely fix the boot looping. :(

flash24

Reaction score
Weird, I've been doing Power and the X button and it works that way.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

pilotrose

Reaction score

Thank you for the idea, I actually already tried this. I held R and M while powering on, then when the exclamation mark showed, I pressed the @ symbol to bring up the boot menu.

Hard Reset / Wipe Device does what it says, but upon booting up, it does the same boot loop thing and never starts up. Meh.

pilotrose

Reaction score
I'm using bootstrap for Droid 2 and it works great.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Does this allow you to make ROM backups and reflash your droid from the boot menu?

If so, would it be possible to make a backup, somehow send it to me, so I could then unbrick my Droid Pro?

Just thinking out loud, thanks for the help.

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am stuck in boot loop as well and for the last five minutes have heard "Droiii- Droi- Dro- Droi- Dro- Droi" before I decided to pull the battetry while I type this Has anyone found a way to get passed this? I had pasted over my app folder with the one from this thread and have had tried doing a hard reset plus multiple attempts of hard resets and factory resets. I'm currently out of state. Any idea what I should do?

pilotrose

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am stuck in boot loop as well and for the last five minutes have heard "Droiii- Droi- Dro- Droi- Dro- Droi" before I decided to pull the battetry while I type this Has anyone found a way to get passed this? I had pasted over my app folder with the one from this thread and have had tried doing a hard reset plus multiple attempts of hard resets and factory resets. I'm currently out of state. Any idea what I should do?

That's the exact thing I did, and I am having the exact same result. I think we are going to have to wait until someone provides a ROM capable of being flashed with the Droid 2 Boot loader (which apparently works with the Droid Pro).

UWSkier

Reaction score
How can you load the Droid 2 bootstrap if you can only get into the Droid Pro recovery mode?

I wish there was a way to mount the file system via USB without having to boot the phone. I could easily fix this that way via adb.

New phone comes in today. First order of business after the upgrade is flash ClockworkRecovery and create a full backup.