Still running 2.1 is this ok???

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you finish flashing that file and are back up and running?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It did a factory reset. Your contacts should sync back up from gmail in a minute. My bad that I forgot to mention that you'd lose text messages, but everything else including downloaded apps should still be there.

OP
N
Reaction score
apps are gone but pics and backed up contants are all good. Thanks alot if I have any problems I know who to talk to now thanks so much.

OP
N
Reaction score
ok I`m having a problem with this
  1. Look at your Windows Device Manager (to open Device Manager, right click My Computer, select Manage..., select the Device Manager) and see if you already have Android Phone listed for HBOOT as shown in one of the images in the link below. If you see the Android Phone, you're ready to root and can skip the rest of this. Otherwise, you do not have HBOOT-capable drivers, and you need to install them. Windows should be looking for drivers now. At this point things may differ between XP and Vista/7.
Cant seem to find hboot capable drivers!!!!!!!!!!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's step 8. The drivers are available in a link above that section.

OP
N
Reaction score
ok first off the link will not unzip second problem that has come up is that now when my phone boots it says call to activate wtf did I do wrong every thing was going good I thought.

OP
N
Reaction score
another thing is that all my super user and wireless tether was gone is that because it has been downgraded just in case I have to goto verizon

OP
N
Reaction score
well I`M going to take this as a bad thing since you have not replyed to me and go with I`m S.O.L for tonight .

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hang on- you're not out of luck. I've been busy over at the other forum. I'm not quite sure why you're having problems that other people haven't encountered before. Let me ask around and I or someone else will get back to you ASAP.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Don't call Verizon. Probably won't be able to help you at this point. I have a feeling one step went sideways along the way. Can you post your exact steps that you have taken up to this point? Also, are you S-OFF or S-ON?