unrooted and stuck on 2.1

gsallor

Reaction score
Ok so i was on stock 2.2 and used unrevoked3 to root my phone all went well so i decided i wanted to unroot just so I knew the process if I had to take my phone in. I got it unrooted using the PB31img downgrade to 2.1 super user is gone wifi tether is gone clock work mod is gone but s is still off, how do I turn it back on and also I cant get 2.2 back the i havent got any ota updates, if I go to system update it says I am up to date but i am on 2.1 update1, I have also tried a few different manual update files all which say bad or missing image any Ideas? I would like to know how to get it back stock so if I have to take it in I can also I want to reroot it
I have droid increadiable
fw 2.1-update1
bb 1.00.03.04.06
kernal 2.6.29-cc1cc2268 htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
build 1.22.605.0 cl1614493 release keys
software 1.22.605.0

I figured it out

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Manually updated Im sure. Flashing just a radio won't do much for ya.

Evening my lady.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey there Dougie boy. What I meant is that the radio would have needed to be updated first before anything else would work, wouldn't it?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey there Dougie boy. What I meant is that the radio would have needed to be updated first before anything else would work, wouldn't it?

Nope. Whole thing needs to be updated at once. A mish mash of updates will not work. Plus goingthrough the trouble of updating the radio, might as well do the whole kit and kaboodle.

Reaction score
Ok so what do you do,in this case ?. I'm thinking about rooting my din today 1/09/11 Saturday. But really what is the advantage? And if I encounter this problem what do I do to gain full access to my stock phone ?

sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

OP
G

gsallor

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in answering I have been real busy at work and havent had time to get on, what I did was just ran Dougs 2.2 unroot file and it updated it back to 2.2 for some reason none of the manual updates I found would work, but I will def same myself alot of head ache if I un root again and just use Dougs unroot the first time. Thanks Doug, by the way his unroot is stickied to the top of this forum

OP
G

gsallor

Reaction score
Ok so what do you do,in this case ?. I'm thinking about rooting my din today 1/09/11 Saturday. But really what is the advantage? And if I encounter this problem what do I do to gain full access to my stock phone ?

There are a few Advtages it just depends what you want the main reason I did it was for the free wifi, but you can also over clock or underclock, put custom splash screens screens and many others things I find more each day, as far as returning to stock, and some one correct me if I am wrong I am still new because when I unrooted my security was still off and that would tell Verizon you messed with it, but from what I figured out is first use unrevokeds unrevoked forever software to turn your security back on than you can use dougs 2.2 unroot which is stickied to the top of this forum and prob has better instructions and has the file Hope this helps

Reaction score

There are a few Advtages it just depends what you want the main reason I did it was for the free wifi, but you can also over clock or underclock, put custom splash screens screens and many others things I find more each day, as far as returning to stock, and some one correct me if I am wrong I am still new because when I unrooted my security was still off and that would tell Verizon you messed with it, but from what I figured out is first use unrevokeds unrevoked forever software to turn your security back on than you can use dougs 2.2 unroot which is stickied to the top of this forum and prob has better instructions and has the file Hope this helps

Thank you gsallor for the reply and the reasons to root. Basically i would want the wireless tether as well...very useful to me. this is why im thinking of rooting. The only fear i have is this...I had an Eris rooted and romed with
Tazz Froyo vanilla v26 6.2 rc1/ 1/5/11 /miui music/blackened 2

and i had a problem with sending and receiving multi media messages. had to send and receive via 3g...I just got my Dinc and im loving it just debating if i want to this...im so indecisive...lol....i know i can do some pretty wild things once rooted but im freaked if it screws up..lol...but thank you very much gsallor

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rob, if you root your phone and change your mind, follow the instructions in the tutorial that is linked to my signature rather than downgrading. It will save you a headache.