Still running 2.1 is this ok???

Reaction score
ok Ive been rooted for awhile now and got the update from verzion awhile ago and accepted it. I am currently running firmware version 2.1-update 1 and was wondering if I should unroot and update to 2.2 or is 2.1 fine?? Just wondering am new to the whole hacking thing thanks.. Also I`m having problem with kernels if anyone could help out thanks

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your kernel problems are probably because you're running the old radio that accompanied 2.1. We can update you to 2.2 but I'm going to have to ask you to hold off for a bit until one of the rescue squad members can log on to provide you the correct files.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hang on a minute- might be able to grab Doug right now even though technically he's not supposed to be lurking here today.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Newbie, how comfortable are you with flashing files? If you've played around with kernels I'd assume you're okay with it but there's another option if you prefer to go that route.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, great. Is your SD card formatted to FAT32 already?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a version of the RUU- the file Verizon would use to upgrade you manually if you were to go into the store. Since you're rooted, going into a store with your phone isn't an option so you just apply it yourself.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean by flash the phone before doing this? I'm a bit confused.

OP
N
Reaction score
ok flash the clockworkMod recovery but nevermind. I`m going to install now.