Steve Jobs Died

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It is sad to know Steve Jobs has passed away. I wonder how you guys that kept bashing on him feel about this news. RIP

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

You know, I've been a PC gamer most of my life. Most of my friends were Windows guys. I admit I will probably never go Apple. However, not a single person I know would truly "bash" Steve Jobs. We probably make more Bill Gates jokes than Steve Jobs. Only Apple. The difference is Apple was taken over by hipsters and rich people. Steve Jobs just happened to make the awesome product that lead to that point. Angry forum dwelling monkeys don't count, go out and ask REAL people, people mostly hate on Apple itself, not its creator. If they don't see the significance of Steve Jobs on technology well...sucks for them, but I'd say most people do.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, I've been a PC gamer most of my life. Most of my friends were Windows guys. I admit I will probably never go Apple. However, not a single person I know would truly "bash" Steve Jobs. We probably make more Bill Gates jokes than Steve Jobs. Only Apple. The difference is Apple was taken over by hipsters and rich people. Steve Jobs just happened to make the awesome product that lead to that point. Angry forum dwelling monkeys don't count, go out and ask REAL people, people mostly hate on Apple itself, not its creator. If they don't see the significance of Steve Jobs on technology well...sucks for them, but I'd say most people do.
I asked at least 10 people randomly throughout my classes today if they knew who he was and 8/10 said who? I then went on to say "you know what an iPhone is? he made that" and all of them knew what it was. They didnt seem to gather the significance of who he was. Im not a fan of Steve Jobs as he is the apple guy, but who can deny what he did for the tech world? o_O He was one of the pc evolution founders. He hit the jackpot like three times. I guess im a tad upset, more than the average joe shmoe who doesn't know i guess.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I asked at least 10 people randomly throughout my classes today if they knew who he was and 8/10 said who? I then went on to say "you know what an iPhone is? he made that" and all of them knew what it was. They didnt seem to gather the significance of who he was. Im not a fan of Steve Jobs as he is the apple guy, but who can deny what he did for the tech world? o_O He was one of the pc evolution founders. He hit the jackpot like three times. I guess im a tad upset, more than the average joe shmoe who doesn't know i guess.

That's really interesting. I work at a chiropractic clinic, and am constantly having conversations with people of all ages all day, every day, and when they see my phone, smartphone technology is a very common subject (a lot of them have iphones actually, especially older people), and I'd say the vast majority of them mention Steve Jobs or acknowledge him. I'd say more like at least 7/10 people KNOW who he is (before today, that is). Also, do you ask people randomly about Steve Jobs often? And btw I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me/why you quoted my post at all...regardless of who's more upset than another, it's a sad loss for the world of technology. Honestly I feel bad for Tim Cook at this point..

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's really interesting. I work at a chiropractic clinic, and am constantly having conversations with people of all ages all day, every day, and when they see my phone, smartphone technology is a very common subject (a lot of them have iphones actually, especially older people), and I'd say the vast majority of them mention Steve Jobs or acknowledge him. I'd say more like at least 7/10 people KNOW who he is (before today, that is). Also, do you ask people randomly about Steve Jobs often? And btw I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me/why you quoted my post at all...regardless of who's more upset than another, it's a sad loss for the world of technology. Honestly I feel bad for Tim Cook at this point..
I must have hit quote instead of reply, i didnt mean to act like i was answering your statement. but i dont randomly ask people if they know steve jobs, in conversation this afternoon his death was on my mind so when i would talk to my many mingles i would ask and tell... and i was surprised. i thought most people would know who he was at a college but apparently not. Its just the side effect of a community college i guess. my community college caters a lot to the working class (not that their is a shortage of techies over here or anything).