Steve Jobs Died

rbw62

Reaction score
Just seen it on news, pancreatic cancer takes another life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
All Things D has posted a memo sent out by Tim Cook to Apple employees stating that there will be an internal celebration to honor Steve's life soon.

Team,

I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.
Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
We are planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email [email protected].
No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.

Tim

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates — long regarded as Steve Jobs’ foil in the early years of personal computing — has issued a statement in the wake of Jobs’ death earlier today.

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Source: AllThingsD

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Steve's family's statement

"Steve died peacefully surrounded by his family. In his public life, Steve was known as a visionary; in his private life, he cherished his family.

We are thankful to the many people who have shared their wishes and prayers during the last year of Steve’s illness; a website will be provided for those who wish to offer tributes and memories.

We are grateful for the support and kindness of those who share our feelings for Steve. We know many of you will mourn with us, and we ask that you respect our privacy during our time of grief."

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
"From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met. On behalf of all of us at Google and more broadly in technology, you will be missed very much. My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues at Apple," says Google founder Sergey Brin on Google+.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
"Even in the @htc offices, we are dumbstruck by the loss. goodbye, Steve." Tweeted Eric Lin at HTC.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It is sad to know Steve Jobs has passed away. I wonder how you guys that kept bashing on him feel about this news. RIP

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Who?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
As sad as this news is, these posts show the humanity and human side of the tech world community. I'm proud of everyone who has posted their thoughts and condolences here. No hate, only praise and well wishes for his family and colleagues. DroidForum members, you are an amazing group of people, and I'm proud to be part of it.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Til death Steve didn't get a license plate.... I thought for sure they would nail him eventually. He showed them! o_O 4 years without one.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
"Even in the @htc offices, we are dumbstruck by the loss. goodbye, Steve." Tweeted Eric Lin at HTC.

Even MTV:

twitter-avatar_mtvnews_normal.jpg

mtvnews MTV News by MTV

Steve Jobs, whose ideas changed the world, dead at 56.