Step-By-Step DIY Boot (M) Logo with pics

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you remember to "reverse bytes".... it may be wrong if you don't do that. As well as make sure it's 24 bit for the size of the file to come out to 262080 bytes

Got most of it but it is coming out 262081 bytes. Am I suppose to delete the extra off the end in Frhed and save. Or save and open 7-zip and then do it?

And mine is reversed and 24 bit.

Sorry man, almost got it. And Photoshop is pretty easy.

Last edited:
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
in Frhed.... delete the last byte. Did you make sure that you selected 54 bytes first time? As you highlight them.... shows in the bottom.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
in Frhed.... delete the last byte. Did you make sure that you selected 54 bytes first time? As you highlight them.... shows in the bottom.

After highlighting the 54 bytes and deleting, first window pops up and I left default and hit ok. Then ctrl+a and reversed bytes.

Reads> Selected: Offset 0=0x0 to 262081=0x3ffc1 (262082)

Then after that I save as logo.bin or is that in 7Z? Get confused right at end. And I'm good with directions+pictures lol!

Last edited:
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
unreverse the bytes.... basically select all and reverse again.... then go to the end of the file.... and delete the byte at the end. After selecting all and it reading 262080.... then reverse the bytes.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
This line is what confused me>>>GO to the very end of the file in 7Zip... and delete the last 2 bytes. Now go to File and Save As. Name the new file "logo.bin" EXACTLY! and click save.

Last edited:
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Yeah... That is if the byte count is 262082. I think that's a product of photoshop. Delete the first 54... then if the count isn't 262080... go to the end of the file in Frhed and delete the last bytes to make it 262080.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL! Thought I had it then it came up as Michigan. That must be your replacer zip file image.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing it out... .It did say 7Zip.... Should be editing the bytes in Frhed.... oops... my bad.... lol

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing it out... .It did say 7Zip.... Should be editing the bytes in Frhed.... oops... my bad.... lol

It's ok bro. I was just like HUH?

Well I got the bytes the right size, then reversed them again, saved as "logo.bin." Then opened replacer.zip in 7Zip and dragged my bin file over but got Michigan when rebooted.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
You didn't forget to go into recovery.... install zip... find the "NEW" zip... and do the install.... right? What version 7Zip do you have? I have 4.65. Works good.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You didn't forget to go into recovery.... install zip... find the "NEW" zip... and do the install.... right? What version 7Zip do you have? I have 4.65. Works good.

Just says 7Z FM. It was the one I got from your link. Will try again.

Yea I went through Recovery:)

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Michigan... are you talking about the LogoReplacer file? That was created by Team Black hat I believe.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Michigan... are you talking about the LogoReplacer file? That was created by Team Black hat I believe.

Yea thats the one. It's around a square inch. You should check it out. I was thinking it is way larger than the /\/\ also.

Last edited:
OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I extracted the logo.bin.... reversed the bytes.... added back the 54 bytes (common for all bmp's) and resaved it as BMP.... I see the Michigan logo... the whole thing is still 480 X 182.