Step-By-Step DIY Boot (M) Logo with pics

D-Xuser

Reaction score
i went ahead and i did all the following steps. but when i boot into recovery i clicked appy SDcard:update.zip (i renamed the filed to update.zip) then it says the following

Verifying update package
E:signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

I renamed the file because i could not find the Logoreplacer.zip file on the recovery mode.

Is there something i am missing?

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i went ahead and i did all the following steps. but when i boot into recovery i clicked appy SDcard:update.zip (i renamed the filed to update.zip) then it says the following

Verifying update package
E:signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

I renamed the file because i could not find the Logoreplacer.zip file on the recovery mode.

Is there something i am missing?

Try not naming it update zip. I name mine something specific, like "Batman_ LogoReplacer." The (.zip) should only show up in Recovery. If you add a (.zip) at the end it will look like "Batman_ LogoReplacer.zip.zip." Then it can't read it right.

And first, when you get into Clockwork Recovery, go to "install zip from SD card" and then scroll down to "choose zip from SD card." Then you find your file that you named and select that one.

Last edited:

D-Xuser

Reaction score
Thanks i figured it out. i was using the stock recovery not the clockwork recovery.

File uploaded successful but now my logo is showing up green when its actually a purple/pinkish look

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks i figured it out. i was using the stock recovery not the clockwork recovery.

File uploaded successful but now my logo is showing up green when its actually a purple/pinkish look

Read my post above that starts with "I had more problems." Explains the background colors.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

D-Xuser

Reaction score
i seen that but i read it was only the top and bottom. my whole image is green with a black background

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i seen that but i read it was only the top and bottom. my whole image is green with a black background

I think whatever color the top left pixel is in Frhed is what color the background will be.

This is why I go back and make sure it is 00 or ff for a black or white BG.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score

If top and bottom are correct, and your image is showing the wrong color, it's possible that it didn't reverse properly. Verify within FRHED that you have 262080 bytes and that you only reversed them one time. If the image was not saved at 480/182 or saved as a 24bit BMP, that could cause the size within FRHED to be incorrect. Just some things to look into.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried installing the .zip just to check it out and I got installation aborted. I don't know what I could've done wrong? I renamed and everything

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
What error is given in Clockwork when you attempt to install it?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried installing by SPRecovery, does it only work with Clockwork? But I don't remember but I can try installing again and tell you. And if I change it, is there a way to go back to the M without having to find a zip for that boot image?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I've only done it with clockwork recovery. Should work with that. There is a post that has the original M logo. Just have to search for it. I'm not on my computer at the moment.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would think so to. I've never had problems installing with SPRecovery but I've never tried changing my boot logo before either. Might just be my phone though. My last Droid wouldn't allow me to install ChevyNo1 ROMs or LYF Roms but this one will, but the only one I can run and stay cool is MIUI. I'm glad I saw this post too. I also want to find good boot animations and maybe learn how to make those as well. And it's fine, thanks. As long as it's on here someone for me to take then I'm fine without a link. Thanks for letting me know

joshoid

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area. Seems only a few people have found this thread. Here is my problem. I attempt to apply the zip through recovery and I get this. "assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/logo.bin.img","logo.bin") E:Error in /sdcard/LogoReplacer.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Any ideas? I followed instructions to a "T".

Thanks,

joshoid

Reaction score
Sorry to bother. I just realized this thread was intended for Droid X. I'm rockin a D1 and rules probably don't apply. Any other ideas tho?

I initially started with a thread published by MotoCache1 for a D1 to replace the bootloader using RSD to flash. I ended up here and am getting nowhere fast... Please help!

Thanks,