Step-By-Step DIY Boot (M) Logo with pics

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bother. I just realized this thread was intended for Droid X. I'm rockin a D1 and rules probably don't apply. Any other ideas tho?

I initially started with a thread published by MotoCache1 for a D1 to replace the bootloader using RSD to flash. I ended up here and am getting nowhere fast... Please help!

Thanks,

I could have swore I saw a very large thread over there about boot logos for D1. But I dont have a link.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

matjmonk

Reaction score
Thank you for the great tutorial!!! I had to go through it twice but after doing a RTFD I was able to take one of my photo's and turn it into a boot logo. Now I just wish I could make it a bit bigger or that someone would develop an app to allow us to switch boot logos around everytime we rebooted without going through the clockwork -> install zip process.

Thanks again.

:clap:

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the TBH group had an application that did that on the phone. I can't remember much about it though.

You're welcome.

Mng777777

Reaction score
LITTLE HELP! I'm working from my mac and cannot seem to find an editor that can reverse the bits. can someone please hook me up with a logo.bin with the attached image? I would really appreciate it! Also, does anyone know of an editor capable of the reverse function for mac so I can start making logos myself? Thanks!
EDIT: I cannot seem to upload the file so heres a link to it on dropbox
http://db.tt/GTPBRx5

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
LITTLE HELP! I'm working from my mac and cannot seem to find an editor that can reverse the bits. can someone please hook me up with a logo.bin with the attached image? I would really appreciate it! Also, does anyone know of an editor capable of the reverse function for mac so I can start making logos myself? Thanks!

Don't know anything about Mac, sorry. But I'll get you the logo.bin. Stand by.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Here you go. Can't upload a .bin file so here's the finished zip installer. You can pull out the logo.bin if you want.

View attachment 31156

nraines

Reaction score
Great guide

Thanks for the great guide. It's still relevant as of November for my DX running Liberty 3 (Android 2.3.3). I made my custom logo, flashed it and it worked, so I sent it off to be added to the ROM Toolbox boot logo changer.