Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
It is on froyo and youll need to sbf to 2.3.340 before flashing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Correct. Still needs 2.3.340 as a base install. Its not a froyo build, but needs froyo as a base. Stupid, isnt it? Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

aveling007

Reaction score
I am having trouble with this rom, really liked the Droid 1 version. I sbf'd back to froyo, then flashed it with CWM Recovery, everything booted fine, but the rom was unrooted! I tried a couple of the one-click methods with no success. Eventually just sbf'd back to froyo. Tried the install twice. Anyone else having this problem?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
OK, I have a new build for the Droid X just about ready for upload and release. It will be almost identical to my Droid 1 ROM v9.0. (built from the same source, and themed with the exact same images. Changes to one, are the changes to another, unless the change must be phone-specific)

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, I have a new build for the Droid X just about ready for upload and release. It will be almost identical to my Droid 1 ROM v9.0. (built from the same source, and themed with the exact same images. Changes to one, are the changes to another, unless the change must be phone-specific)

Nice... Glad to hear... And I'll throw it on Droid x forums when you do... And I'll throw you a link if you want...

Post script: and yes... I'll make sure you get all the credit you deserve and who ever else you might thank

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I will be posting v3.0 of my Droid X ROM. Will be very similar to my Droid 1 release. Should be up tonight, if all goes well.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will be posting v3.0 of my Droid X ROM. Will be very similar to my Droid 1 release. Should be up tonight, if all goes well.

Nice... I'll probably be flashing this when it's posted... I'm excited to try something new : D
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Orasion

Reaction score
What's the requirement for the ROM? Is it Froyo 2.3.340 kernel or .602 kernel? Sorry for asking cos you dont write it in OP
:)

maddog0331

Reaction score
Is v3.0 being based off the gingerbread kernel?.....:happy3: I know that lately you have been releasing all of your ROMs for the DX on the froyo kernel!!!...Still really happy to see that you are developing for the DX!!!...Thank you for all your hard work....

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Sorry, but in this type of situation, Im still learning. Im trying to figure out how things are based. I know that the ONLY Droid X SBF I have, is "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01". I think thats GB, but Im not 100% on that. But if you flash that, then flash my ROM after wiping DATA/CACHE/SYSTEM, it will boot just fine. Uploading my final v3.0 right now.

clueless77

Reaction score
Sorry, but in this type of situation, Im still learning. Im trying to figure out how things are based. I know that the ONLY Droid X SBF I have, is "VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01". I think thats GB, but Im not 100% on that. But if you flash that, then flash my ROM after wiping DATA/CACHE/SYSTEM, it will boot just fine. Uploading my final v3.0 right now.
no that SBF file will be a froyo flash, just letting you know

unless you were joking and you already knew that

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
no that SBF file will be a froyo flash, just letting you know

unless you were joking and you already knew that

Well, if thats the case, I really didnt know, then this is going to have to be flashed on top of a Froyo flash. I dont understand why Gingerbread-based source, wouldnt run on a Gingerbread kernel, but thats the way it seems to be. Stupid as can be in my opinion. But honestly, I dont see that big a difference. Just flash it on top of the Froyo SBF, and you should be fine.