Stable rom

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Is there any rom out there for the D2 that is stable. I know there are other roms but most of them experience reboot when you press the power button to turn off the screen. Is the UD for droid 2 finished yet? I know there was a partly finished one but it still had a few bugs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think ud is still experiencing bugs. For what its worth I've used both squidly and gummyjar for extended periods of time with no issues.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I used the full star wars rom but it was all blur....lol it sucked I decided to go back to stock and I been stock for about 2 months now. I kind of want to start flashing some new roms again my device is soo slow for some reason, my wife has the same phone stock only rooted and her device is twice as fast for some reason and I mean network wise. I tried *228 but my newtwork is still way behind hers plus I tried turning both phones on at the same time and my phone takes like 3 times longer to load than hers.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I have fission and and downloaded it using fission rom manager. It has done nothing that would irk me or acted unstable. I really really love this rom.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I am no developer, but I can tell you my battery lasts longer and its WAY faster. It had removed all the annoying blur, which I REALLY love. As for appearance, you can change themes using the fission rom manager too.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Where can I get this rom I might just try it out see how it does.its for droid 2 right?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Team DeFuse

On the upper right side, click on fission, and there is a menu for fission rom manager, and install directions below that. Check it out. I will check back here tommorrow, I'm heading to bed for the night. and yes its for droid 2

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Thanks a lot dude I will so check it out right now I will let you know how it went. Good night and happy new year

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll back Fission, also. When I start downloading a new ROM, I usually cancel it because I realize that I have no reason to install a new ROM. I have a ROM I love, with a theme I love, and I'll probably end up right back where I started.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok well I tried the fission rom and installed swype, ginger bread theme and a few other ad ons I was over clocking at 13000 mhz but the phone kept shutting off by its self.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Check your temp. If you overclock the temp rises and the phone is prone to doing that. I don't overclock as I have no need to. Are you running setcpu to control the processor speed once it reaches a certain temp?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It might not even have to do with temp. It could just be that 1.3 is unstable for your phone. Try 1.2 and see if the random reboots Peter off.

tappin and a talkin