first stop while shopping for a rom ....

zero7404

Reaction score
i haven't rommed my phone yet, i'd like to try a clean/vanilla rom that's fully functional on the d2g.

so i would like to know what known bugs are still around in this rom, what to expect, etc.

i won't miss any of moto's ui enhancements so long as the new rom i choose works flawlessly.

i have a gsm-unlocked d2g, and i want full functionality of gsm features on the new rom, as well as full functionality of all the other hardware features of my phone.

i also would like to avoid custom bootloaders.

can pro users of fission please give some advise on the platform, which version is most stable and functional, and what to expect in terms of lost functionality ?

holmes6

Reaction score
i haven't rommed my phone yet, i'd like to try a clean/vanilla rom that's fully functional on the d2g.

so i would like to know what known bugs are still around in this rom, what to expect, etc.

i won't miss any of moto's ui enhancements so long as the new rom i choose works flawlessly.

i have a gsm-unlocked d2g, and i want full functionality of gsm features on the new rom, as well as full functionality of all the other hardware features of my phone.

i also would like to avoid custom bootloaders.

can pro users of fission please give some advise on the platform, which version is most stable and functional, and what to expect in terms of lost functionality ?
Try the d2g forum
Droid 2 Global - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Can't comment about the GSM stuff since I'm not on a d2g, but can answer a few things.

1. Rom = must use Koush's bootloader.. or no ROMs
2. AGPS is missing from fission, GPS still works fine for me without tho
3. Latest 2.61 fission update seems stable. No major issues to report.