is anyone working on a fully functional tainted vanilla rom

spazzxb

Reaction score
I really like the vanilla roms that are coming out, however it seems that in alot of cases functions of the droid x are being crippled. Even rubix blur removes dlna functionality, since it was based on tranquility. Everone says that isn't the point of this or that rom so i am wondering if anyone is working on a vanilla rom that doesn't cripple basic functions of the phone, ie dnla, hdmi, fm radio,8 mp camera, 720p vid. I like vanilla but it would be nice not having to give up functionality to utilize a "vanilla" rom. Also if someone could tell me how to go about altering one of these rom ''is it more than just reinstalling apps through adb?" I would work on it myself. Noone seems to be willing to answer my question as to the difficulty of getting my phone to fully function while being as vannilla as possible. Maybe no one knows the answers, but Fully functioning is not haveing an unusable port(hdmi). That is a crippled device wether one utilizes it or not.

anrichardson

Reaction score
I really like the vanilla roms that are coming out, however it seems that in alot of cases functions of the droid x are being crippled. Even rubix blur removes dlna functionality, since it was based on tranquility. Everone says that isn't the point of this or that rom so i am wondering if anyone is working on a vanilla rom that doesn't cripple basic functions of the phone, ie dnla, hdmi, fm radio,8 mp camera, 720p vid. I like vanilla but it would be nice not having to give up functionality to utilize a "vanilla" rom. Also if someone could tell me how to go about altering one of these rom ''is it more than just reinstalling apps through adb?" I would work on it myself. Noone seems to be willing to answer my question as to the difficulty of getting my phone to fully function while being as vannilla as possible. Maybe no one knows the answers, but Fully functioning is not haveing an unusable port(hdmi). That is a crippled device wether one utilizes it or not.

RubiX Focused 1.0 is getting there. There is a patch for the camera have 8MP and 720p video recording. Far as FM radio, I think Septin might be working on a patch or zip file to install(don't quote me) DLNA, not sure if they are working on it, no word from what I've read. Far as HDMI, I'm sure it's in the works, maybe with the source code being released, it might be easier.

OP
S

spazzxb

Reaction score

RubiX Focused 1.0 is getting there. There is a patch for the camera have 8MP and 720p video recording. Far as FM radio, I think Septin might be working on a patch or zip file to install(don't quote me) DLNA, not sure if they are working on it, no word from what I've read. Far as HDMI, I'm sure it's in the works, maybe with the source code being released, it might be easier.
thanks for the reply i will check rubix out, although I thought it was the pure vanilla focused , I haven't seen blurry since .3.
So there are complications that make this difficult to do, people aren't just choosing not to. I assumed it was more complicated than installing apps , it just has been difficult to get a straight answer.

Last edited: