Stable rom

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I have been playing with it here and its real similar to fission. I recently installed jrummys overclocking app and am set at 1.2 ultra low voltage. What settings do y'all use? I feel like it could be faster, but im nervous about going too high.

Edit: I read another post by spaz answering that last question, so nevermind unless there some more info you feel like sharing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Big Ry

Reaction score
I been debating fission vs. gummy too. im now installing fission as we speak. i donated so i could get the full rom manager. the download files had a "hotfix" directory with an e-mail update file and a d2_kb/dx_kb file. what are these and do they need to be installed?

Big Ry

Reaction score
also, i want to use a gingerbread them. do i need to wipe data/cache with this install too or is that just with roms?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
i have used fission rom manager myself. You should not have to wipe to install the theme. However I am curious what the benefits of the paid version of the manager offers over the free version though.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I didnt have those two files on the free version so i couldnt tell.

Big Ry

Reaction score
i didnt get those from the rom manager. if you donate (any amount, i donated a buck), you get a link to a file hosting site that has several files. i just want to know if theyre important! lol any else know what im talking about?

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
the paid version of the FRM has a lot more add ons to it as well as themes. the lite version only gives you a few of add ons to get you started,then you start wondering, what else is there for my fission rom? well you have to donate and receive the fullFRM to find out. i feel like i checked out this fission rom good enough now its time for the gummy. i did experience a lot of freezing. my phone would be in my pocket, i would receive a text and when i grabbed my phone to read my text the phone would freeze for about 20 sec. or it would freeze while i was typing something. i used Fission 2.4.3, blacked out ginger bread theme with transitions, over clocking to 1000mhz. blacked out market, blacked out google widget and blacked out swype.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
really im suprised tha fission locked up on you. I never had any problems at all with fission. I guess the only difference was that i never overclocked.

Im running gummy now and i like it alot as well. However i wish there were more addons available.

Big Ry

Reaction score
1000MHz isn't overclocking. Im on 1250MHz lv but I used jrummys OC app, not fission OC. Im also on the blacked out GB theme with transitions and black market. Anyone know if you can add both multitouch and swype keyboards? Or may add multitouch and get the new swype from the market?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I think he meant he changed the voltages and stayed at 1ghz, i have to use an overclocking app to do that on gummy. Thats all i meant by overclocking. I will clarify what i mean better in the future.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I think he meant he changed the voltages and stayed at 1ghz, i have to use an overclocking app to do that on gummy. Thats all i meant by overclocking. I will clarify what i mean better in the future.

If you don't change the clock speed, all your doing is under/over bolting, which is pointless IMO. The device was designed so that the stock speed and voltage are the optimum balance of speed and efficiency. So unless you're overclocking, I see no point in altering voltage. Dead stock, my D2 lasts all day; 1200Hz LV it lasts slightly shorter which im fine with.

Big Ry

Reaction score
This fission rom is snappy; I like :)

Im not so sure im feeling these animations though. I may use the GB blacked out no animations.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I really didnt see much difference between the two personally which is why i am going to stick with gummy right now.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok I have been running gummy and I did like it better than fission, on fission I did experience some bugs, and gummy has been bugless for now.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Ok, can someone tell me what's going on here? I have been trying to oc above 1.2 to no avail. Within minutes of over clocking the phone will reboot. I have not tried 1.4 yet, as 1.3 isn't stable. I've tried it on low voltage and medium voltage. Oh and im running gummy jar, at least til liberty comes out.