Stable rom

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok I will try it after I try fission for a few days then I will compare. Where do I get gummy?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I've read that the battery life is not as good on gummy as on fission. What are your thoughts on that?

fth

Reaction score
Ok I will try it after I try fission for a few days then I will compare. Where do I get gummy?

U can download Gummy from Droidforums.net under Droid 2 forums Droid 2 roms

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

There is a gummy jar section under droid 2 roms. As for battery life I have been running gummy jar for about two weeks and I have been quite satisfied. Can't compare directly to fission as I've never run it but I can compare it to squidly and they are much the same.

tappin and a talkin

fth

Reaction score
I've read that the battery life is not as good on gummy as on fission. What are your thoughts on that?

If you don't have an extended battery its not gonna make much difference which rom u choose.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Ok so can I install gummy in the same manner as fission except by using rom manager? I like to keepthings as automated as possible to lessen the likely hood of my screwing up.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so can I install gummy in the same manner as fission except by using rom manager? I like to keepthings as automated as possible to lessen the likely hood of my screwing up.

Actually in this case if you don't want to screw things up I would suggest not using rom manager. Don't trust it personally. I find it better practice to do it all through cm recovery. Just factory reset and then install zip from SD card. Pretty easy.

tappin and a talkin

fth

Reaction score

Yep Rom manager is the best way

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I have an extended battery so I never worry about my phone dying. I do worry about performance though, I use my phone to clock in or out of my job so its an important gadget in my life. At the same time I don't want my wifes phone to be faster than mine that is a big no, no, I am suppossed to be the hacker in the house not her lol plus she is running stock rooted with a pink theme so changing my rom was the only option I had to make my phone smoother than hers.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Ok lets say I install gummy and then want to flash back to fission. Can I just wipe dataand cache and do a nandroid recover? Sorry bout all the questions. I'm new to custom roms. Been rooted and playing with the stock rom since I got the phone.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I had never before used a rom manager before until now that I installed fission, not even when I had my original droid, I prefer installing through recovery.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok lets say I install gummy and then want to flash back to fission. Can I just wipe dataand cache and do a nandroid recover? Sorry bout all the questions. I'm new to custom roms. Been rooted and playing with the stock rom since I got the phone.

Afaik you should be able to do that. I always just wipe data/cache and do a clean install just to be sure though.

tappin and a talkin

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Ok ill take your advice and do a clean install. I just need to read the directions a few times. I will probably try that this weekend when I am not at work.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok ill take your advice and do a clean install. I just need to read the directions a few times. I will probably try that this weekend when I am not at work.

For sure. Oh and just as an aside kejar is working on putting the power control widget on the pull down bar for a future release (like Samsung phones have) I think he's been having some trouble with it but it will be a great feature if/when it gets finished.

tappin and a talkin

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Ok so I have gummy installed. I will let y'all know how I feel about it after I play with it for a while.