SPB Mobile 5

OP
S

sacnotsack

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 and I get the activate screen, this device is not supported, and then it starts over. any ideas?
I'm running liberty 1.5. I know it will work for liberty because others have confirmed it

when the "device not supported" box appears, wait for SPB to load. You'll see it load up in the background. Then try pressing the "search" button, or camera or volume buttons.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
What a bummer , I was expecting a working version of SPB Shell for Android since I switched from VM to Android in 2009 . I still think Mobile Shell 3.5 for VM is better than any Android home application , even Sense . I remember that they presented a working version of Mobile Shell 5 a year ago and after a year still no release :(

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Tried a couple GB roms and get to the not supported screen. Black screen behind, never fully loads.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
S

sacnotsack

Reaction score
Well that's a bummer. It works on LGB 1.3.1 its an awesome home replacement BUT it drains my battery extremely fast, overall function of the phone is slow and delayed even OC'ed to 1100Mhz, also it has to be "reactivated" every time I reboot my phone. But considering its only a beta and it probably wont be officially supported by the D1 its pretty awesome. I love the UI

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
The video was pretty cool. I would have used a different phone to run the demo though. I hate to say it but it does look like a battery drainer. Cannot wait to try it myself.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

sacnotsack

Reaction score
It definitely is a battery drainer. Mostly due to the Widgets I think......but without the Widgets its just not the same......even though I'm not a big fan of them they're pretty amazing in spb

Sent from my Droid in Yuma

tb110895

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 and I get the activate screen, this device is not supported, and then it starts over. any ideas?
I'm running liberty 1.5. I know it will work for liberty because others have confirmed it

when the "device not supported" box appears, wait for SPB to load. You'll see it load up in the background. Then try pressing the "search" button, or camera or volume buttons.

Didn't work. Any other ideas?

Sent From My Liberated Droid 2

sarreq

Reaction score
i dont think that is the case look at this video. demo vid i dont know what kind of phone this is but it is definately an older one that has not even gotten the 2.2 update yet.....and probably wont. a few of my co workers use this phone and it is no where near any of the capabilities of the D1.
that would be a Nexus One, so slightly higher specs than the D1.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont think that is the case look at this video. demo vid i dont know what kind of phone this is but it is definately an older one that has not even gotten the 2.2 update yet.....and probably wont. a few of my co workers use this phone and it is no where near any of the capabilities of the D1.
that would be a Nexus One, so slightly higher specs than the D1.

2x ram & almost 2x CPU