Sourcery V1.0 Release Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Alright for those who say gmail is still transparent it was fixed it's just very subtle and now looking at it might be too subtle so i'll lighten the one a bit more for you.

So just install it now and let me know. When you open gmail if you have "loading conversations" in white text than you have the new one since i changed that text color as well with the fix. If not send me a pm and i have a fix set up already for you since it means you have the accidentally leaked ftp scripts.
Custom ROM noob question: Install it from where? Is it V1.1? Or an updated Gaaps?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No just reinstall the sourcery blue theme from settings for the new gmail

mcam79782

Reaction score
nothing but problems

ive had nothing but problems with this rom. at first sometimes when i would slide it open and try to unlock the phone, it would not respond at all. so i would have to take the battery out and put it back in. now it wont respond at all even when i switch to a new rom or even back to factory settings. help?

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ive had nothing but problems with this rom. at first sometimes when i would slide it open and try to unlock the phone, it would not respond at all. so i would have to take the battery out and put it back in. now it wont respond at all even when i switch to a new rom or even back to factory settings. help?

Sorry to hear that. We had a bug in V1.0 that caused a few to reboot to the boot animation when sliding up the keyboard. including myself after i was alerted and i really had to do some fast stuff to make it do it. but that has been fixed and an update will be released on sunday. Not one report of needing a battery pull.
All of the people that reported it were able to make it not occur when switching roms thats how we tested it.
We have had over 1500 downloads and have not heard of this.
And have not heard of a rom hurting a phone.
even locking my phone trying to run a 1300 kernel caused no permanent damage.
and the only thing that caused the reboots was an image we had on the lock screen.
heard of "bricking" but of course an sbf fixes that.
Sorry your having problems sounds like a hardware problem if flashing another rom doesnt fix it.

I would try to sbf and if that doesnt work than id say hardware is bad.
wouldn't be the first time unfortunately most people get droid 2's as a replacement these days.

anyone else have ideas feel free to pitch in.

mcam79782

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. We had a bug in V1.0 that caused a few to reboot to the boot animation when sliding up the keyboard. including myself after i was alerted and i really had to do some fast stuff to make it do it. but that has been fixed and an update will be released on sunday. Not one report of needing a battery pull.
All of the people that reported it were able to make it not occur when switching roms thats how we tested it.
We have had over 1500 downloads and have not heard of this.
And have not heard of a rom hurting a phone.
even locking my phone trying to run a 1300 kernel caused no permanent damage.
and the only thing that caused the reboots was an image we had on the lock screen.
heard of "bricking" but of course an sbf fixes that.
Sorry your having problems sounds like a hardware problem if flashing another rom doesnt fix it.

I would try to sbf and if that doesnt work than id say hardware is bad.
wouldn't be the first time unfortunately most people get droid 2's as a replacement these days.

ive never had problems with my phone before. this is the only rom that has caused problems like this. no other ideas on what it might be?

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
anyone else have ideas feel free to pitch in.[/QUOTE]
ive never had problems with my phone before. this is the only rom that has caused problems like this. no other ideas on what it might be?[/QUOTE]

No man if i did i would help you out. trust me if people had problems like this like you are we would of heard about it. if you can come to irc (if you go to our website) theres a link to irc there
and you can tell me more of whats it doing and we can try to get you some help.

mcam79782

Reaction score
ive never had problems with my phone before. this is the only rom that has caused problems like this. no other ideas on what it might be?[/QUOTE]

No man if i did i would help you out. trust me if people had problems like this like you are we would of heard about it. if you can come to irc (if you go to our website) theres a link to irc there
and you can tell me more of whats it doing and we can try to get you some help.[/QUOTE]
ok ill try that

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
and you can tell me more of whats it doing and we can try to get you some help.[/QUOTE]
ok ill try that[/QUOTE]

Ok well i waited for you for over an hour here at at irc. Hope you figure it out.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
mcam, Do you know how to reflash sbf? That would be the "nuke" and would solve all your software problems. But before even attempting to do that can you say what you did to apply the rom to your phone? Like did you wipe data and cache in clockworkmod? Not wiping can cause this exact problem... ive done it a time or two. Also, i wouldnt say its the rom necessarily if your having problems... like i once flashed BB and it totally sucked and glitched out on me but i wiped everything and put the very same rom back on and it worked perfectly. Dont be put off by this, sometimes data just gets misplaced or lost....(or trolls attack the data :p)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what rom and what kernel and what speed were you running when you first flashed this rom?
did you reboot to recovery to flash or use rom manager or raid zero recovery to install?

z_man96

Reaction score
tdevaughn that was cheating lol but eh whatever still crazy we have that many :)

and z_man why can't you get to the download page?

not sure what was going on, but the webpage won't come up on my pc, but i could download it directly on my phone, and then today at work i can get to the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.