Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

Discussion in 'Sourcery ROM' started by Chizzele, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    You should have setting for kernel for screen on and off. I use 800/250
    Also the droid stock kernel is 550. To use it at 500 may have a negative effect as the cpu running slower making the battery work harder. Just a guess though..

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

2. chris231dkz

chris231dkz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having a similar problem, it's a little more sporadic. Every now and again my phone just decided not to sleep and the battery gets eaten, with 10% loss every hour. I have my phone set to clock down to 250 when the screen is off, but sometimes some process seems to keep it awake.

Had Chevy's lv 1200 using the minmax governer to clock down anytime the screen was off, then tried a raidzero and slayher with setcpu handling the clock down to 250 when the screen was off.

In the last few days all three kernels had the no sleep problem at various times of day or night so it seems to not be a kernel problem.

I got ridiculous battery life with GB but not a stable phone, Froyo seems to give me the opposite. Hopefully I can find the app that is causing the problem, and get some decent battery life.

#398 chris231dkz, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    The only screen going crazy issue i can recall reading about in the forum was charger related. Are you using an original droid charger?

4. chris231dkz

chris231dkz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not that the screen won't sleep, apologies if I didn't explain very well. It's that with the phone sat on my nightstand and the screen off for 8 hours while I sleep, with maybe 80% battery, I wake up and the phone will either be at 10% or off. The screen is off, the phone not being used for 8 hours, but it won't sleep for that whole time, spare parts will show 90 - 100% running. Using the system panel app is giving me a ton of phone info, so I am hoping to nail what the problem is.

As for the charger, I either use my OG droid one, the HTC one my wife got with her Incredible, or the one from my Kindle. Do you recommend just using the OG one to charge with?

5. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Stock charger is the best with this phone. That is weird behavior for the phone to discharge like that with not use, if i leave mine untouched it will stay on for two days easy.
    i would bet on something running in the bg... let us know what you find.

6. chris231dkz

chris231dkz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will do, I'll report back once I have pinpointed the problem. :)

7. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Teaser notice... New theme coming to Sourcery :icon_ banana:

8. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Nice! Looking forward to it.........

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. saturnalius

saturnalius Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what causes android lag over time and how to stop/reverse it? I know its a complaint leveled at GB mostly but I notice it with froyo roms as well. Its happening right now with my sourcery install. It has about the same free memory as it did when freshly installed. Same kernel, same setup. And yet the phone is getting slower and slower everyday and more buggy. More random reboots, more fcs. I've cleared cache, run fix perm, and yet it continues to deteriorate. This is not a criticism of sourcery by any means, in fact its one of the best in this regard, since its taken about a month to get to this point and others only take a few weeks. I've noticed this with every rom I've ever used as well as with stock roms unrooted. My wifes droidx does it too running liberty. In fact I just wiped it and reinstalled liberty today after three random reboots in an hour and now its running smooth as can be.

The things I notice overtime with sourcery/froyo in general include: less free memory (even clearing texts, cache etc.), general lagginess especially with browser, launcher, and phone; random reboots and general bugginess increase; phone seems to have more and more trouble waking up from screen off overtime even when kernels etc have not changed.

So any ideas short of wiping and reinstalling once a month

10. Bretski169

Bretski169 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a yahoo account and tried to use the android email app for it? I know it works on gingerbread but it might Be a froyo thing because its not working.

11. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Wow... i'm not experiencing that at all on Sourcery and didn't really on any Froyo rom. Might be app related... i did noticed it on GB roms.
    Honestly the only things i really do is a reboot every other day or so... manual reboot of course not random.

12. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Doe's your yahoo account supports pop3 ?
    I just use the mobile version of the yahoo site. Bookmark on the desktop and saved password on the browser gives me one click access to the inbox without downloading anything or syncing.

Search tags for this page

download sourcerer full version

lib dex
mystash.apk full
rom 2.2full
sourcerer 2 for android
sourcery rom 2.2 download
sourcery v2.2