OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I agree that 512 is enough today but within 6 - 12 months it wont be enough. i don't think i'll get LG anyway and the Samsung GS2 doe's feel a bit weird. Moto devices feel much better in hand.

T-Dev

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that i'm thinking of going to sprint very soon that is when my mom is off and can take me ha i want to get the evo 3d since verizon just isn't pushing anything out that i like at all but sending that pm now

sprint isnt an option here their coverage sucks.
i havent found anywhere that has a community like here. XDA is just a bunch of i am better than you or punks overall. Its not friendly and their isnt 1 post without some ass trying to belittle someone.
So if i were to do a rom again i would want it to be here.

some strong rumors of the galaxy x2 coming to sprint soon thats the one id get unless your really into the 3d stuff.

XDA - devs leaving in droves... infighting, banning folks for haveing religious saying in their signature.....and yet they let someone list a kernel called "Rapist"....Asshats running the show :)

Rootzwiki is starting to grow.

GFlam, saw your app released.. gonna give it a go tonight...

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yeah

Sorry to hear that i'm thinking of going to sprint very soon that is when my mom is off and can take me ha i want to get the evo 3d since verizon just isn't pushing anything out that i like at all but sending that pm now

i havent found anywhere that has a community like here. XDA is just a bunch of i am better than you or punks overall. Its not friendly and their isnt 1 post without some ass trying to belittle someone.

some strong rumors of the galaxy x2 coming to sprint soon thats the one id get unless your really into the 3d stuff.

XDA - devs leaving in droves... infighting, banning folks for haveing religious saying in their signature.....and yet they let someone list a kernel called "Rapist"....Asshats running the show :)

still alot of dev there but its just not a friendly fun place. good for info thats it. i would never host any thing on there. its like a bunch of kids constantly telling you how adult they are. i think it just go to big now and they cant control it anymore.

T-Dev

Reaction score

still alot of dev there but its just not a friendly fun place. good for info thats it. i would never host any thing on there. its like a bunch of kids constantly telling you how adult they are. i think it just go to big now and they cant control it anymore.

True that...peeps there willing to create more posts in a 2500+ thread post to ***** that they posted in the wrong forum....dont answer anyone..just ***** when they dont meet your expectations. almost comical at times...

wishing more devs on T-bolt were involved here... only reason i use DA

darkmatter

Reaction score
The D3 is a fantastic device. Don't dismiss the d3 or bionic based on 512 ram, its ddr2 and its a beast. People keep trying to crash the d3 by running everything they can, but it keeps trucking like a boss.

The last I heard, moto said they were looking to unlock the d3, but they want to make sure there's no bricking or other bugs/malfunctions before sending out the update. They said they hope to have that update out by october.

The batttery life of the d3 is phenomonal. I'm getting 18-20+ hours on a stock device. It would be crazy to see battery life if we had a sourcery...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That is good to know, my upgrade would be ready on 8/4 but i think i'll give the bionic a few days to read some reviews first.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
i have learned a big lesson with the g2x

which although it is running pretty good now it took 3 months and on my 3rd phone.
bhut i dont believe a work any of these manufactutrers or carriers say they are nothing but compulsive liers to sell a product.
never again will i buy anything that has promises when it has it than ill believe it.
im sure the d3 is a good device. and the bionic will be even better.
no care for a keyboard anymore just makes phone heavier for something i dont use. 512 is enough. never had a problem due to it. just means you cant have 20 things stay open. it is cool to have things open when you go back to them unlike the droid. 768 would be my minimum for next phone.
just for future not needed at this time.
i think although me and gflam got on each others nerves at times we made a good team and im not sure i would be interested in doing it again unless we both got the same phone and worked together. but either way i will not purchase a locked bootloader even though 2nd init is around. and i wont go off promises of it either until it happens.
The bionic isnt even that special anymore so i doubt i will get another verizon phone until later this year.
And thanks again for the continue compliments on sourcery me and gflam worked hard on it and i know on my end i think its cool we made something people liked so much.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Sorry, hold on just adding a few more ingredients.. eye of newt, wing of bat, yada yada yada, tears of a gorgon.... I'll just let that stew for a bit.
Just working on my new creation, a quantum version of Sourcery to run on my home made quantum OG.
Now back to our regularly scheduled reality already im progress.
I love this thread. Can't believe I missed yesterday's festivus celebration!
Chiz, what were you doing in my old old hood? Are you a member of the tribe too? When are we all getting together for the joint sideshow from your and shmiegel's vacations? I will bring the chips and salsa!
FYI... Sourcery, in reality, has hit the Holy Moley Land ages ago. Don't forget that there's a ton of dual citizens. I personally know of 3 running it now and it still has magic over the ladies! I hooked up some friends who live there. Plus as soon as it finally dropped here on DF, the Mossad asked me for a copy. Of course, I obliged.
DARKMATTER, first of all you are everywhere and yet at the same time nowhere. I'd love to find out your secret. You used the initials ddr when describing the d3. The only DDR I know of was East Germany, and I wasn't a big fan. I am making a leap, but I am assuming that isn't it. Would you mind explaining what it stands for, thanks.

Shmiegel, what do you mean when you say 2nd init when you were talking about unlocked bootloaders? Also, even though the ROM had a sad end, it almost has made it more legendary. I feel like we are just a hairs breadth away from being a full fledged cult.
How many people do you know that can say that?

Chiz I have been sitting on my 2year upgrade for a while now and am waiting like you for actual hands on reviews for the bionic. Keep me in your loop if you hear anything new or interesting and I will do the same. Especially since I may have an opportunity to get a good look at it; my step brother is getting one on release day. I thought every day was release day!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't make this post obnoxiously verbose, so allow me to address the forums issue. Every issue mentioned is to at least some degree inherent to the very nature of forums. I believe that just like all of our "advances" in communication, its just another way we are destroying what discourse and discussion once were.
Unfortunately even here in the tower of sweet sauce that is DF. Allow me to provide a fine example from another thread here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/161572-pev6-5_trublue_honeygingercomb.html

You will not believe what this fine fellow wrote. Be sure to stay tuned for the end of the thread where I chime in with my normal style of mockery, class and degradation of the offending poster. I am a truly nauseating self-promoting individual. I can't stand me as a roommate!

This guy's post will literally cause all of your collective jaws to drop. I have an appointment with the Oral Surgeon tomorrow as mine still hasn't completely re-set itself. In fact, I recommend wrapping an ace bandage around the head and under the chin to protect yourselves!
It's so completely out of line, yet sadly in line with the behavior which has become rote.

Again sorry for the long post but I do love the sound of my own finger hunting and pecking. I asked several questions within the trash heap that is my post above, please if those asked could provide answers it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pepper the responses with insults directed at this guy.

Gonna give GFlam's app a purchase and test run. If anyone can screw it up, I probably will but it sounds cool enough to risk it.

All OGs die, but not every OG truly lives!
I put that on my headstone, I got it for a good price as they were going out of business. I keep wondering if making the purchase is just asking for trouble. Guess I should have thought about that before the engraving... Dang!

Hope everyone is doing well and counting our final days until the right gets their way and provides proof that government doesn't work!
To quote coach Norman Dale from Hoosiers, "I love you guys."

From the Law Offices of danceswithbongs esq.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Wzup DWB. You know i always find myself reading your posts two or three times to make sure i catch all your hidden pearls of wisdom. Yes, i am a proud born and raised Israeli.

I can't wait for the bionic either but im just not sure anymore, just wish it will have more ram...

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hmm

Wzup DWB. You know i always find myself reading your posts two or three times to make sure i catch all your hidden pearls of wisdom. Yes, i am a proud born and raised Israeli.

I can't wait for the bionic either but im just not sure anymore, just wish it will have more ram...

I have read multiple reports of 1 gigabyte for bionic. so well have to wait and see.
but reports say galaxy x2 august 12./ but dont know if its 4g yet. and apparetnly the att version has a keyboard dont know about verizon version but they said verizon will get the x2 first.

if theres anymore sourcry though well have to change places and make gflam the sourcerer since he has skipped way ahead of me on knowledge :) maybe he still hasnt put up a rom yet so id have something to offer :)

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Amen DWB.

Going to give gflams app a try this weekend.

Preach on brother

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

I have read multiple reports of 1 gigabyte for bionic. so well have to wait and see.
but reports say galaxy x2 august 12./ but dont know if its 4g yet. and apparetnly the att version has a keyboard dont know about verizon version but they said verizon will get the x2 first.

if theres anymore sourcry though well have to change places and make gflam the sourcerer since he has skipped way ahead of me on knowledge :) maybe he still hasnt put up a rom yet so id have something to offer :)

Since i have been reading conflicting things about the bionic... what are the most recent specs you know of for the bionic? Ram? Processor? 4g? Screen Size?

I messed with the x2 in Israel and it didn't have a slide out keyboard, i did see the note about att getting it with one though. The phone is a beast although i didn't like the feel of it.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
same here

Since i have been reading conflicting things about the bionic... what are the most recent specs you know of for the bionic? Ram? Processor? 4g? Screen Size?

I messed with the x2 in Israel and it didn't have a slide out keyboard, i did see the note about att getting it with one though. The phone is a beast although i didn't like the feel of it.

yeah i have seen several differnt things regarding the bionic. screen 4.3 to 4.5
512 - 1 gig of ram. different resolutions for front facing camera.
and with all this wait the rumored specs are jut not that great so i am expecting something to set this apart not sure what but something that is a big deal.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I am hoping for a screen size as close as possible to 4.0... 4.3 is big and 4.5 is way to big.
I think 4.0 is ideal...

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
FYI ON BIONIC
I think droid life had a photo of the accepted submission with stats that the FCC has signed off on. From memory, keep my username in mind, 512 RAM is something I recall. Again who knows if that was the final submission to the FCC, I sure as hell don't!

Chiz where do you live now, and are you dual citizen?
Also I don't want to be the one to break it to you, but over 4 inches isn't too big, that's just what some girls say to make certain li'l dudes feel better!
We men are fragile.
Like Mr. Glass in Unbreakable! Always loved that movie, not to mention that Mr Glass is in fact my real name!

Thanks Bang Pow.

Hey Shmiegel, have you tried GFlam's app yet? I am still trying to figure out a few things that G is helping me with. I have dubbed all communications from him as GFLAMAGRAMs. I told him it is a gift since I can't do anything for him droid wise. I am still just a young Skywalker.

Wait, what's that?
There's another Skywalker?
Does anybody ever think this is information I might be interested in, for the love of... The Force! Jimminy Cricket!

Anyone who has been using G's app, any tips or hazards to share? Just throwing it out there, see if I get a nibble. Almost put 2 p's there, that would have signed my "boot to the butt warrant"!

May the Source be with You
Always

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs