Sounds like more aggravation than it's worth!

darreno1

Reaction score
You want an educated response? Well, sorry if this is too simple for you but don't believe everything you read. There isn't a lot of bugs at all. And the apps are a main part of the phone, I mean that's why there is 20,000 of them and growing.

It's not that complicated. Keep it simple and quit over thinking everything. People will consistently write about a complaint but very rarely will go through the trouble to compliment about anything in life.

you have 30 days to change yur mind. maybe you should stop "researching" and just try it for yourself. i'm very happy with my droid. the sweetest part about the droid is the lack of stock crap. we get to customize it ourself! hence the apps you choose yurself. i even hate the stock crap they did go ahead and put on it (corporate calendar, facebook, etc.)

P.S. welcome to the forum :D

There is no perfect smartphone, they all have their areas they will shine, and areas they do not. When reading forums, a lot of problems and issues you will read about, are user error. Droid in my opinion offers a great platform and will be able to do most anything you will need it to.

+10000 ^^ What they said!!!

Go out, get it, try it!

Eternal

Reaction score
iphone vs droid and netbook solution

I have owned the Iphone, Moto Q9, Palm Treo, BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB Storm, BB Tour and now the Motorola Droid. By far the Droid tops them all IMHO. Learning curve? Yes. Some things I would like to see get updated? Absolutely. Still, I have had 0 issues with calls, texts, missed alerts, phone freezing etc. And as mentioned, the market is growing every day. Amazing asset for me.
Why do you like your Droid better than all of these, in particular the iphone?
I keep seeing answers to this question from others but still nothing that I resonate with.
Every time I get my grubby little paws on an iphone, I suffer extreme iphone envy. When I try to play with the droid at the store, and am told that they do not have one that is activated for me to play with at the store near my house, I'm just reminded that despite the better network, there are still loads of issues with verizon that make me hate them :/.
If ATT had a better network, I would have switched years ago <sigh>.
All the practical applications people specify about the droid, do not really apply to me. I'm more interested in the simplicity of the iphone coupled with the VAST abundance of useful and playful applications. I am not bothered by the restrictions because there are such things as jail breaking and the restrictions, are the reason why apple can have their funny little mac vs. pc ads and succeed with them.
Not trying to get into a mac vs pc debate here, in my view, each is good for what it is good for, just that when you are abstinant, well... you don't get drunk/pregnant/high/viruses/etc ;)
Ok, not exactly where I intended to end up with this post...
Anyway, so why do you prefer the droid to the iphone?
oh, and also to the poster above... the other gentleman had a really good suggestion reccommending the netbook rather than the droid for you. It might cost a little more in terms of service because you have to add a line for it, but it really would suit your needs for running your business and websites from it.
just another couple cents.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I have a Macbook and I've realized people who have iPhone envy are the ones who never own Apple hardware. [beyond an iPod]. Realizing how poor the iPhone is compared to their actual computer hardware is what possibly enlightens me.

You are bred like sheep, wanting what you cannot have. The iPhone is a flimsy piece of plastic on a bad network. Why would that phone interest you? The app marketplace? All OS's are catching up, its the nature of the beast.

When I think of the Droid, I truly think all-in-one device. When I think of the iPhone, I just think "trendiness". If Apple comes to Verizon, I will no doubt consider the device depending on how locked down the phone is. I respect Apple's handling of the specific hardware and OS related aspects more-so than Google because they are not licensing out their OS for mass consumption and then backstabbing manufacturers by producing a device to take away from them.

I do not want a Google phone. I'd take an Apple phone all day over a "Google Phone". Apple may lock their marketplace down but they support 3rd party applications unlike Google where if they see an essential app thats been created, they'll try to create their own. [Goggles, Listen, Finance - the latest 3]..but as of right now I'd take an Android phone over Google or Apple. Google just keep your paws off the merchandise and stick to updating the OS.

Last edited:

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
your right. i know someone on their 3rd Iphone. #2 broke the second day when it fell from his lap getting out of his car onto the street, the screen instantly spider-webbed. from about 3 feet or less of a fall..

I have a Macbook and I've realized people who have iPhone envy are the ones who never own Apple hardware. [beyond an iPod]. Realizing how poor the iPhone is compared to their actual computer hardware is what possibly enlightens me.

You are bred like sheep, wanting what you cannot have. The iPhone is a flimsy piece of plastic on a bad network. Why would that phone interest you? The app marketplace? All OS's are catching up, its the nature of the beast.

When I think of the Droid, I truly think all-in-one device. When I think of the iPhone, I just think "trendiness". If Apple comes to Verizon, I will no doubt consider the device depending on how locked down the phone is. I respect Apple's handling of the specific hardware more-so than Google because they are not licensing out their OS and then backstabbing manufacturers by producing a device to take away from them.

I do not want a Google phone. I'd take an Apple phone all day over a "Google Phone". Apple may lock their marketplace down but they support 3rd party applications unlike Google where if they see an essential app thats been created, they'll try to create their own. [Goggles, Listen, Finance - the latest 3]..but as of right now I'd take an Android phone over Google or Apple. Google just keep your paws off the merchandise and stick to updating the OS.

Mojo

Reaction score
I have owned the Iphone, Moto Q9, Palm Treo, BB Pearl, BB Curve, BB Storm, BB Tour and now the Motorola Droid. By far the Droid tops them all IMHO. Learning curve? Yes. Some things I would like to see get updated? Absolutely. Still, I have had 0 issues with calls, texts, missed alerts, phone freezing etc. And as mentioned, the market is growing every day. Amazing asset for me.
Why do you like your Droid better than all of these, in particular the iphone?
I keep seeing answers to this question from others but still nothing that I resonate with.
Every time I get my grubby little paws on an iphone, I suffer extreme iphone envy. When I try to play with the droid at the store, and am told that they do not have one that is activated for me to play with at the store near my house, I'm just reminded that despite the better network, there are still loads of issues with verizon that make me hate them :/.
If ATT had a better network, I would have switched years ago <sigh>.
All the practical applications people specify about the droid, do not really apply to me. I'm more interested in the simplicity of the iphone coupled with the VAST abundance of useful and playful applications. I am not bothered by the restrictions because there are such things as jail breaking and the restrictions, are the reason why apple can have their funny little mac vs. pc ads and succeed with them.
Not trying to get into a mac vs pc debate here, in my view, each is good for what it is good for, just that when you are abstinant, well... you don't get drunk/pregnant/high/viruses/etc ;)
Ok, not exactly where I intended to end up with this post...
Anyway, so why do you prefer the droid to the iphone?
oh, and also to the poster above... the other gentleman had a really good suggestion reccommending the netbook rather than the droid for you. It might cost a little more in terms of service because you have to add a line for it, but it really would suit your needs for running your business and websites from it.
just another couple cents.

Seems that you have already made up your mind that the iPhone is a better device for you. As all 6 of your post on this board have been about how much you want a iPhone. Just go get one. This is a forum for "Droids" not a place to debate which phone is better (iphone vs. Droid) than one another. It really doesnt matter what phone is better as long as it meets the needs for you.
Droid has its high points and low points same as the iPhone has its highs and lows. I do not mean to be rude. It just gets aggravating that every time I come on this forum or another forum like it. There is always someone that wants to make these comparisons over and over again. It has been driven into the ground. :mad:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I agree gixxer. While I'm all for helping someone weigh the benefits of an iPhone vs Droid for themselves... the constant comparison of the two gets tiring. It is a Droid forum after all... but we all are entitled to opinions... it's a give and take :blink:

Mojo

Reaction score
I agree Martin, I am not trying to slam any one and their opinion. We are all entitled to them. I am sure I have said or posted things that others have not agreed with. I will do my best to answer questions as well. But geeze people, we get it! Some will love iPhone more then Droid and vice versa.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree Martin, I am not trying to slam any one and their opinion. We are all entitled to them. I am sure I have said or posted things that others have not agreed with. I will do my best to answer questions as well. But geeze people, we get it! Some will love iPhone more then Droid and vice versa.

Never thought you slammed anyone. You're good people here on the forum... actually there's lots of these types around here :).... unfortunately there will always be Trolls :(

Mojo

Reaction score

Never thought you slammed anyone. You're good people here on the forum... actually there's lots of these types around here :).... unfortunately there will always be Trolls :(

Thanks man! You good peeps too!! Your very helpful on this site :icon_ banana: To bad we cant say the same for trolls :icon_ devil: but I guess if they was helpful they would not be trolls hahaha

Eternal

Reaction score

When I think of the Droid, I truly think all-in-one device. When I think of the iPhone, I just think "trendiness".

I have been an Apple/Mac user for 15 years. I also have a PC and do some work with Unix. I do not see a comparison between any phone and a computer. If I start to compare computers, the differences and similarities become apparent. If I want to compare phones, then up until this point, no other phone I have seen has been able to do things that an iphone can do with an appropriate application. The iphone therefore, becomes as close as a little pocket computer, multimedia player, phone, and camera as anything ever has. I just never got one because I'm on verizon.
I'm not here to debate with anyone the virtues of the droid over the iphone, I just want to make the right choice for myself. The last choice I made with regard to cell phones turned out to be the wrong choice, and I was not happy with it.
I had an EnV when I first signed on with verizon and switched to the voyager which cost considerably more for a little bit more glitz, but minus the flash... literally.
I had to have the phone replaced several times and have been waiting with baited breath for something new and better to be available. It just so happened in my case that the droid came out just weeks before my contract was up which meant that getting a droid was signing another two years in blood.
In the end, I will probably end up getting an iphone just to use via wifi for the fun of it and wait until the next generation of droid or whatever comes next is available on verizon... unless they stick with droid and all you folks keep ranting about how great it is.
I will try to get my hands on one to play with at a store here, but the one nearest where I live does not have one, how sensible is that?

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I will try to get my hands on one to play with at a store here, but the one nearest where I live does not have one, how sensible is that?

So you haven't even tried the phone as yet? You seem to be under the VERY FALSE impression that the iPhone is free of flaws. Trust me, it's not. Take a good look at an iPhone forum and you'll know.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to convince you to use the Droid. This simply may not be the phone for you. Also, don't accuse others of rants since you've demonstrated you're not beyond them yourself.

LordKastle

Reaction score
That is my point..you cannot compare the iPhone to a Mac or make any of those generalizations. I have just found that a lot of the "iPhone envy" you speak of comes from customers who never have touched an Apple hardware device besides the iPod and want to become Apple fanboys. I was speaking of the essence of "iPhone envy" as you put it. Not saying how the iPhone compares to Macs in hardware terms.

By the way, Foxconn produces the iPhone, not Apple.

The Android OS or even Windows Mobile is much more of a computer related OS than the iPhone's where you are basically locked in to a grid of what you can edit and what you cannot. So I don't see the validity of your analogy. In response to: ["The iphone therefore, becomes as close as a little pocket computer, multimedia player, phone, and camera as anything ever has. I just never got one because I'm on verizon. "]

Last edited:

Eternal

Reaction score

So you haven't even tried the phone as yet? You seem to be under the VERY FALSE impression that the iPhone is free of flaws. Trust me, it's not. Take a good look at an iPhone forum and you'll know.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to convince you to use the Droid. This simply may not be the phone for you. Also, don't accuse others of rants since you've demonstrated you're not beyond them yourself.

I'm not under the impression that the iphone has no flaws, my experience with it is in fact limited since I never actually owned one. I just know I had more fun with it in 5 minutes than I had with my own phone in 2 years.
I do not recall "ranting" at any point here in this forum, so I'm sorry if I came across that way to you. It was not my intention.
I am admittedly frustrated because I just feel that I have to wait some more and I'm tired of waiting.
I saw someone else post in another thread the futility of waiting for the next best thing in terms of technology. I heard from someone at a verizon store that the next generation of Android phone to be released by verizon while maybe superior to the droid in some ways, will lack the physical keyboard which makes it attractive to me.
All the rumors about iphone going to verizon, I just dont buy, at least not for another year, and of course going to ATT is NOT an option as I am used to having good service.
I'm kinda on the fence right now, go droid, or get an iphone just to kill the craving and wait and see what new phone verizon has next... blah blah blah...
etc.

Eternal

Reaction score
That is my point..you cannot compare the iPhone to a Mac or make any of those generalizations. I have just found that a lot of the "iPhone envy" you speak of comes from customers who never have touched an Apple hardware device besides the iPod and want to become Apple fanboys. I was speaking of the essence of "iPhone envy" as you put it. Not saying how the iPhone compares to Macs in hardware terms.

By the way, Foxconn produces the iPhone, not Apple.

The Android OS or even Windows Mobile is much more of a computer related OS than the iPhone's where you are basically locked in to a grid of what you can edit and what you cannot. So I don't see the validity of your analogy. In response to: ["The iphone therefore, becomes as close as a little pocket computer, multimedia player, phone, and camera as anything ever has. I just never got one because I'm on verizon. "]
I love Apple/Mac computers.
Have to look up the Foxconn thing, I have not heard that before.
I think that to me, the usefulness of a computer is based on the software you can run on it, so when comparing phones to pocket computers, thus far, I have found that I can do more on an iphone than I could on any other phone because there are more apps.
That is what it boils down to for me I suppose.
That and the aesthetics of the iphone, which I just prefer to those of the droid.
Sleek and curvy like a girl, or boxy like a football player.
Maybe it's just boiling down to sexiness factor?
I wonder how long it will really take for the android market to catch up, and if software patches will make the droid more responsive etc...
The reviews I've seen for games and such have been rather horrendous.
I got to play with a droid for about 10 minutes at a store where one of the reps had his personal one, but it's just sad when your local verizon store doesnt have an activated one on display <sigh>.
Thanks for your input.
I'll keep mulling it over until I figure out what's best for me and keep reading the posts here to see what progress happens.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks man! You good peeps too!! Your very helpful on this site :icon_ banana: To bad we cant say the same for trolls :icon_ devil: but I guess if they was helpful they would not be trolls hahaha
You and Martin are extreme Droid fanboys, that's what it boils down to. :) You know I'm just kidding and you are both assets to the forum. I'm glad you exposed the guy with 6 posts on here stirring up an iPhone debate.