I Like My New Droid...mostly!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bluethunder, Jan 29, 2010.

1. bluethunder

bluethunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Droid for almost 2 weeks now and I'm really liking this device. Once I "figgered-out" the logic of using it, I'm finding it very simple to use.

I had to go back to VZ Store technician to get my alternate e-mail set up correctly and that e-mail address is working fine. So, overall, I have no significant problems w/ the Droid. I have read a significant number of problems reported in the Tech threads of this forum but that's not been my experience.

However, I would like to drive a wooden stake thru the heart of Corporate Calendar. It's not a problem but it is aggravating.

And, I have "favorites" in my Favorites that I've never called and don't know how they got there or how to remove them the list. The VZ Tech didn't know how to edit that list either. I also have the same problem w/ Bookmarks. It's probably a simple thing to edit these lists but I just haven't gotten to that part yet.

So, all things considered, I've very pleased w/ my "almost 2 week" Droid experience.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I just wonder, is this your first smart phone? Or do you have experience with other smart phones? Just curious.

3. bluethunder

bluethunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is my first smart phone. Previously, I used a Moto RAZR for years.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I kind of thought it might be. Nothing wrong with your opinion or anything, it's just that someone who has experienced other smart phones probably wouldn't bring up the issues you're having.

You may just want to keep in mind that it is a smart phone, not a computer and it's going to have certain limitations. Or for some real fun and experience, exchange it for a week with the Blackberry Storm 2. Then let's see what you think.;)

5. Scribble

Scribble Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Go to the normal contacts view and find the person in your favorites list you don't want there. There will be a little star next to their name that is colored in yellow. Tap that star so it's no longer colored in, and they'll no longer be in your favorites list.

For bookmarks: Open the browser, hit the menu button, open bookmarks. find the bookmark you don't want and long touch it a bookmarks menue thing will pop up, and at the bottom is delete bookmark.

Sorry I don't use the corporate calendar, so I'm not much help there.

6. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Ratings:
    +6
    LMAO...:icon_ devil:

7. bluethunder

bluethunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx, Scribble

8. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can also manage your contacts @ gmail.com. it might be a little easier and helps you find duplicates. from gmail, you can also group your contacts which may help you with searches, etc.

what kind of issues are you experiencing with corporate calendar?

9. flako3

flako3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site bro and believe me we all love our droids :) you can do soooooo much with it :) DROOOOOOOOIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!!

10. bluethunder

bluethunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's only 2 people in the whole world that know I have a gmail account...the VZ sales tech and me! I will hardly ever use gmail but appreciate your suggestion.

Corporate Calendar will NOT go away. I've never set it up but it always shows up in the app list when I use Advanced Task Killer. I'm sure it's not using any battery life but it's just annoying the way it keeps showing up...I just need to take a chill pill over that.

11. smilepak

smilepak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the Droid since it was first released. I have to say it am very pleased.

Going from Motorola Q -> HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Omnia -> Blackberry Storm -> Motorola Droid

I have to saw I enjoy the Droid the most. Performance is good, not much lagging. With the overclocking ability, that made it even better. The fact now wifi tethering works, that just top off the cake for me right there.

It actually does a lot of functionality for me apple iphone does not. So I am pleased.

12. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this is how it is. it's not affecting anything, so don't worry about it. you'll never see it in your list of battery usage.

since the device is google powered, you might have a better experience if you either make the switch, or let gmail handle your email accounts. you can setup gmail to use an external POP3 account as your default account, but still use gmail for the push.