Sounds like more aggravation than it's worth!

sir2545

Reaction score
Really!

Dear Eternal,

Ill just go ahead and say it since everyone else has tried to be nice and its not working...YOUR A MORON....there is no comparison between a Droid and and Iphone. You couldnt get your hands on a working model because you probably went to an independent retailer in BFE, instead of a corporate store. Iphone and the network its on is garbage, and once you've got one and the novelty wears off, and you can only do one thing at a time, you'll be crawling back to Verizon like anyone else who has experienced the BEST network. Go get an Iphone, and enjoy your dropped calls. Take your Iphone squabble elsewhere!

That is my point..you cannot compare the iPhone to a Mac or make any of those generalizations. I have just found that a lot of the "iPhone envy" you speak of comes from customers who never have touched an Apple hardware device besides the iPod and want to become Apple fanboys. I was speaking of the essence of "iPhone envy" as you put it. Not saying how the iPhone compares to Macs in hardware terms.

By the way, Foxconn produces the iPhone, not Apple.

The Android OS or even Windows Mobile is much more of a computer related OS than the iPhone's where you are basically locked in to a grid of what you can edit and what you cannot. So I don't see the validity of your analogy. In response to: ["The iphone therefore, becomes as close as a little pocket computer, multimedia player, phone, and camera as anything ever has. I just never got one because I'm on verizon. "]
I love Apple/Mac computers.
Have to look up the Foxconn thing, I have not heard that before.
I think that to me, the usefulness of a computer is based on the software you can run on it, so when comparing phones to pocket computers, thus far, I have found that I can do more on an iphone than I could on any other phone because there are more apps.
That is what it boils down to for me I suppose.
That and the aesthetics of the iphone, which I just prefer to those of the droid.
Sleek and curvy like a girl, or boxy like a football player.
Maybe it's just boiling down to sexiness factor?
I wonder how long it will really take for the android market to catch up, and if software patches will make the droid more responsive etc...
The reviews I've seen for games and such have been rather horrendous.
I got to play with a droid for about 10 minutes at a store where one of the reps had his personal one, but it's just sad when your local verizon store doesnt have an activated one on display <sigh>.
Thanks for your input.
I'll keep mulling it over until I figure out what's best for me and keep reading the posts here to see what progress happens.

darreno1

Reaction score
To the OP: I've read all your comments and it's quite clear you prefer the iPhone. Just get it. Be happy with your choice and forget about getting reassurance from others who've made a different choice. If you really want the pros and cons of the Droid it's readily available on the forum with a little searching. Very few here (including myself) will tell you the iPhone is the better phone. I can spell out why, but I've already done so in another thread.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never thought you slammed anyone. You're good people here on the forum... actually there's lots of these types around here :).... unfortunately there will always be Trolls :(

Thanks man! You good peeps too!! Your very helpful on this site :icon_ banana: To bad we cant say the same for trolls :icon_ devil: but I guess if they was helpful they would not be trolls hahaha
You and Martin are extreme Droid fanboys, that's what it boils down to. :) You know I'm just kidding and you are both assets to the forum. I'm glad you exposed the guy with 6 posts on here stirring up an iPhone debate.

i've gone too far, i hit fanboy status :( dammit :icon_ owned:

Gunghoray

Reaction score
The Droid is BY FAR my best phone ever. I've had Storm, Moto Q9, Palm, and other early platforms. I got the phone on the release date and just did my third battery pull. Compared to Storm's once-a-day reboots, this is great.

It's NOT buggy, but the more you try to do with it, the more complicated it gets. Most apps are well behaved and have frequent updates in the early days of development.

I'm with you on "overthinking" and getting information overload. With the Droid, it's almost a no-brainer for me.

Enjoy the journey,
Prof Ray
recovering Storm Abuser

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the January 2010 issue of Consumer Reports? Big article on phones and cell companies.