Sounds like more aggravation than it's worth!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by IHOPETHISWORKS!, Dec 28, 2009.

1. IHOPETHISWORKS!

IHOPETHISWORKS! New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have sensory overload from smart phone research! i have been putting it off mainly because of all the nightmare stories i read! unfortunately i need to finally get one. have been waiting on the droid due to the pre- release hype, etc.On the road & i need to be able to manage an e bay store, 2 other websites, synced to g mail, multiple email address's, need to attach a pic to an email like i do at home! Just basic functions that seem like they should be covered and built into the phone are not? unless you get an app? even then? just reading this forum for the last few days has practically scared me away from the droid! i'm already a verizon customer and wanted a seemless transition to a smartphone! that must have been in my sleep! need the qwerty, everything the droid offered. But my god, almost every post is a how to on fixing something! does this device come with a manual or just a lot of bugs? please help! I don't know how you guys are dealing with all these issues? how can you run a business with one of these devices with all the time consuming hiccups, & problems? sounds like regular phone calls are an issue! An educated response would be greatly appreciated! though i wouldn't expect anything less! :) Thanks in Advance! i hope this works!

2. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Remember that you're looking at an online forum viewed by thousands of people a day. There is going to be an inordinate number of complaints here.

I think overall the Droid experience is mostly bug-free. I have had a few small things here and there but most days I have no problems at all. Even when I do have a problem it's usually minor. Whatever my problems have been, they're way less than a Blackberry or Windows Mobile phone.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8

You want an educated response? Well, sorry if this is too simple for you but don't believe everything you read. There isn't a lot of bugs at all. And the apps are a main part of the phone, I mean that's why there is 20,000 of them and growing.

It's not that complicated. Keep it simple and quit over thinking everything. People will consistently write about a complaint but very rarely will go through the trouble to compliment about anything in life.

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    you have 30 days to change yur mind. maybe you should stop "researching" and just try it for yourself. i'm very happy with my droid. the sweetest part about the droid is the lack of stock crap. we get to customize it ourself! hence the apps you choose yurself. i even hate the stock crap they did go ahead and put on it (corporate calendar, facebook, etc.)

P.S. welcome to the forum :D

5. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no perfect smartphone, they all have their areas they will shine, and areas they do not. When reading forums, a lot of problems and issues you will read about, are user error. Droid in my opinion offers a great platform and will be able to do most anything you will need it to.

6. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutly agree. The questions I see answerd or answer are a lot of how to stuff. That's why we are here. Sometimes just coming here and posting is easier than figuring it out....

Plau you meet a lot of nice people too :)

7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Ditto - I have 2 friends at work who came from other phones - enV2 and the other a BB Pearl. Both had no problem adapting to their Droid, neither one of them read the forum, and both think they have an awesome phone. You need to try it for yourself and quit reading what thousands of people who mostly are too lazy to look for the answers to their problems, so they come to a forum for help. They're usually answered because of user error, then you never hear from the original poster again. Happens a lot. Don't overthink this. Sounds like the Droid will do everything you're expecting it to do.

8. IHOPETHISWORKS!

Ratings:
    +0
  9. IHOPETHISWORKS!

Ratings:
    +0
    you're right!

thanks good answer!!

10. IHOPETHISWORKS!

Ratings:
    +0
    cool i'll call you from boca!

11. IHOPETHISWORKS!

Ratings:
    +0
    nothing like a little reassurance!

all you guys have valid points! guess i'm going in!!! i hope this works!

12. Arkainzeye

Arkainzeye Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the same boat as you. I was reading about all the issues and it stopped me two times from ordering the Droid online. I have been a verizon customer since 1995, i have had so many Smartphones that i actually lost track. A few things that are in the back of my head have been "my" Motorola Past track record. (not good) and then i keep reading recently about HTC coming out with a 1ghz Android phone. right now i own a Samsung smartphone. I have owned both Motorola and HTC smartphones in the past and i will say for "me" HTC makes a solid product! The reason i left them was i wanted something newer. I still want the Moto Droid, im just afriad that 3-5 weeks after i get my Moto Droid that HTC will release theirs and it will be the NEW latest and greats Droid product, then i will be locked into my Droid for 1-2 yrs. I know you just cant win. Most of my concern is its a Motorola product...