Sooo, will you switch from Droid to N1 on VZW?

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I can't beleive no one has mentioned the oled screen on the N1...that one feature alone makes it worth switching to me ( I would miss the keyboard though). Oled screens blow LCD away in terms of vibrancy and deep true blacks. go try a Zunehd if you don't believe me.

chuk1005

Reaction score
Im fine with my droid, when something comes out with either LTE or runs circles around the droid then I will reconsider.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I compared them both (spec wise) and the only advantage the Nexus has is more memory and the OLED screen, otherwsie it's the same phone on 2.1

I'd rather get the droid.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I will wait, I do not want an Iphone clone with better OS! I love the heft and construction of the droid, every time I pick it up it feels worth the money I paid for and not some lightweight piece of plastic that I would forget I had on my lap and let it fall off! lol I am on a VIP program with 5 lines, they are spead out enough that I get an upgrade every year. I'll be damned if I spent 3 weeks getting my droid ready then get the same OS version the Nexus is running THEN go out and get an Iphone clone with the same OS my droid has!

Million

Reaction score
N1 seems nifty. I enjoy the keyboard of the Droid.

Newton122189

Reaction score
Droid all the way, gotta have a hardware keyboard no matter how cramped it is, virtual keyboards get frustrating after a while

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My next upgrade on my second line is in the spring but I won't be wasting the upgrade on the Nexus One. Not that it's a bad phone, but if I'm going to upgrade I want to upgrade to a much better Android device than what the Droid and N1 offer.

I feel it's a lateral move......

im kinda the same on this.... but since im elegible for an upgrade every 11 months why not.

you'd be essentially moving over to an identical device less the branding and keyboard.

It's kind of a waste of an upgrade don't you think? Why not wait until the NEXT round of Droid devices are released that will offer you a true upgrade?

If you really dislike the Moto's hardware then it's a mute point, then I understand. But if you are happy wait until something more substantial comes around.

2.1 is 2.1

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive no one has mentioned the oled screen on the N1...that one feature alone makes it worth switching to me ( I would miss the keyboard though). Oled screens blow LCD away in terms of vibrancy and deep true blacks. go try a Zunehd if you don't believe me.

Not if you can't see the screen outside. Yes OLED is better in terms of battery savings but as Engadget's review pointed out it suffers the same problem as many OLED screen that are out today, it's really hard to see in the daylight/surrounded by bright lights.

johnnieeve

Reaction score
My question is if all Droids get 2.1 in the next few days, does the 1-29-10 upgrade still stand, and what will it upgrade too?

Newton122189

Reaction score

straight from engadget review

"While the resolution is high (480 x 800), it's missing 48 pixels that we expected given the size of the Droid's screen. It didn't bother us that much, but it's noticeable in certain apps -- Gmail for instance, where you have to scroll further in some menus than you do on the Droid. The big issue with the screen, though, is actually the color balance. We found colors on the Nexus One, particularly in the reds and oranges, to be severely blown-out and oversaturated -- a common effect with AMOLED displays like the Nexus One's. At first we thought Google had tweaked some of the Market settings because the highlight orange was so bright, but comparing images on the web across different displays, the Nexus One consistently looked brighter then it should have"

so apparently the screen has some negative strikes against it

link to full review
Nexus One review -- Engadget

FireDroid

Reaction score
OLED screen will make you switch?? I think people are getting carried away here, if it was a 60" OLED then maybe, but we are talking about a PHONE with a screen size of 3.7"!!! I have pictures and movies on my droid and they look great, definately not bad enough for me to go out and drop hundreds more just to have a little better screen that in the long run the average joe that you show it off to wont and cant tell the difference!

darthdroid

Reaction score
what does the nexus has exactly that the droid doesn't?
both Will have the same os in a little while, so is it just the faster processor?
if you don't like the form factor, why did you get the droid and not the eris?

Echo3

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure most new smartphones will have OLED so by the time we're eligible to upgrade, whenever that may be, we're bound to upgrade to a phone that has one. Even the new iPhone that is going to be released is speculated to have an OLED screen. The N1 with the OLED may look better, but its capabilities/function won't be too far off to warrant an upgrade unless you have money to spare for the heck of it. Then by that time, a new phone will be announced and soon you wish you saved your money instead of throwing it out on the N1.

chuk1005

Reaction score
what does the nexus has exactly that the droid doesn't?
both Will have the same os in a little while, so is it just the faster processor?
if you don't like the form factor, why did you get the droid and not the eris?

I agree with you, and people are forgetting that once the iphone comes out with some new features in June as assumed, google shortly there after will be making some changes as well. So in my mind its best to wait for the android device that comes out many months after the next gen iphone....lol