Sooo, will you switch from Droid to N1 on VZW?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. Echo is right on target.

2. No, for reason one.

I believe we are all forgetting how nice the Droid is on its own!
Especially since we will likely put the same OS on it as the N1.

While I may not use it much, I like having the physical KB...

iPirate

Reaction score
Droid is a great phone and the hardware is equal if not better than the N1.

I am only worried about the software updates. G1 is still on 1.6? I feel sorry for them. I remember my iPod getting stuck with its first software version and that is really disappointing. As long as Google provides sufficient updates I will be happy with my phone and my next phone will also run Android.

Some of you seem to think the N1 is some amazing new upgrade, note that the software that is on the N1 is updated and will be coming to the Droid. That will most likely happen before you can purchase the N1 with Verizon.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
and lol at the poll options. i could have voted without all the extra commentary next to yes or no. personal preference plays a big role.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
It's all about the keyboard.

Not to mention I won't be eligible for an upgrade then that finally comes to VZW, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay 500 for a new phone.

I also find myself not using the keyboard anymore because the onscreen keyboard is pretty good! Coming from a BB Storm I wasn't very sure I "just" wanted a touchscreen keyboard but it is completely usable. I will be buying the N1 when it comes out though the off contract price is not that high especially if you sell your old phone to subsidize it! Yes I am a phone whore and Yes I do love my DROID

Sodner

Reaction score
I love my DROID but, I never use the slide out keyboard and its one heavy beast. So if I could get the N1 from Verizon for under $300 I'd switch.

actrack03

Reaction score
Sticking with Droid. By the time N1 comes to Verizon there will be another phone being leaked in the forums that will claim to beat the N1(not saying the N1 necessarily beats the Droid) and I will want that one. My line with the next available upgrade will be 10/2010 so we'll see whats in the works then. In the mean time I still have the best phone IMO available on the VZW network.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just got my droid in november and i can upgrade that phone in september of this year. So unless there is something better out ill be getting the N1.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My next upgrade on my second line is in the spring but I won't be wasting the upgrade on the Nexus One. Not that it's a bad phone, but if I'm going to upgrade I want to upgrade to a much better Android device than what the Droid and N1 offer.

I feel it's a lateral move......

actrack03

Reaction score
My next upgrade on my second line is in the spring but I won't be wasting the upgrade on the Nexus One. Not that it's a bad phone, but if I'm going to upgrade I want to upgrade to a much better Android device than what the Droid and N1 offer.

+1 besides Droid just sounds more Bada$$ than Nexus!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

im kinda the same on this.... but since im elegible for an upgrade every 11 months why not.

im sure i can sell my droid at that point for more then the N1 will cost so i wont be out any money.

just like i sold my storm 1 for more then i paid for my DROID with the car and home dock.

dtboos

Reaction score
No. Droid will be getting 2.1 in a few days, and while not exactly the same, they have a similar enough performance / experience.

Echo3

Reaction score
My initial reaction was I felt shafted after just purchasing the Droid and a month later the Nexus One is officially announced. But thinking about it more, the Nexus One isn't a significant upgrade from the Droid. It's like comparing the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 3GS.

The Droid is going to get 2.1 and from what it sounds like, we're all drooling over what 2.1 has and not so much the phone itself. Just wait till 2.1 is released for the DROID and then decide again if you all want the Nexus One.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Wow.. like some of us I also felt the sam way I did with my storm 1 after hearing this news... I never use the keyboard on the droid.. Good thing i didnt use my upgrade on the droid :icon_wink:, I had a Storm 2 and did an even exchange with a girl i knew that didnt like the droid cause she thought it was too bulky and heavy for her, I will be getting the nexus 1 as soon as it comes to verizon and will give the Droid to my fiance

korp

Reaction score
They are pretty similar phones and I don't really see the need for me to upgrade since my droid would be about 5-6 months old .... but who knows maybe I'll come across some money and say what the hay.