Droid is okay.. as predicted Tmo screwing up N1 launch

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went to Android guys to get another perspective on the N1.... after reading thru lots of comments it appears that tmo has made it very difficult for ppl to actually get the phone at the sub price... reps are tellin ppl to just get the my touch cause its about the same but cheaper.... lmfao I knew this phone was too much for tmo clientel... bad move to launch with those idiots... its no wonder they decided to bring it to VZW. They have severely crippled the impact of this phone... its a cult piece now... and Droid commercials continue to bang.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Most of the phone reps (T-Mobile, VZW, AT&T) know next to nothing about the products they sell. Occasionally, you'll get someone who is really passionate about technology & new devices that really knows their stuff, but those people are few & far between.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Most of the phone reps (T-Mobile, VZW, AT&T) know next to nothing about the products they sell. Occasionally, you'll get someone who is really passionate about technology & new devices that really knows their stuff, but those people are few & far between.

...because people who really are passionate about their work either get promoted up and out of the stores or end up moving to another profession. If you're reading this and you're a store worker: don't be offended, be optimistic. If you care enough to be on this forum you're headed toward something better.

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tegamal... well the main thing is not getting the phone @ $189 but having to pay full sticker... basically only internet marketing... just to name a few... I'm sure they prolly couldn't handle a million of these on their network... it really for new customers I gather, I just don't think you can get VZW(Droid) AND ATT(iphone) customers to switch because of a phone that is not a SERIOUS gamechanger... sticking with Droid..

Guchi

Reaction score
this guy at my work played with my droid and decided he needed one. hes on tmo and he got the my touch and it pretty much sucks, so slow compared to droid. i can just picture a rep telling people "its pretty much the same thing, only difference is n1 has a newer OS and the my touch will probably get an update soon since i heard the verizon guys updated their OS once already"

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this guy at my work played with my droid and decided he needed one. hes on tmo and he got the my touch and it pretty much sucks, so slow compared to droid. i can just picture a rep telling people "its pretty much the same thing, only difference is n1 has a newer OS and the my touch will probably get an update soon since i heard the verizon guys updated their OS once already"

The N1 Os is just newer right now. 2.1 is pending in a release for the Droid! Once that happens the Droid will be on the same level. Droid is a superior piece of technology

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

He should have bought the Droid and left to mobile :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

bamfsig45

Reaction score

The N1 Os is just newer right now. 2.1 is pending in a release for the Droid! Once that happens the Droid will be on the same level. Droid is a superior piece of technology

Exactly, that Snapdragon processor will also be acting as the GPU.......

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Exactly, that Snapdragon processor will also be acting as the GPU.......

That is correct. Simply put the Droid has essentailly dual core's/ Not one doing both jobs, It is also made of metal and not plastic :)

Last edited:

FoFa

Reaction score
Before the Droid release, I went to a mobile phone thang at work that had 4 of the big companies. That was in Oct., I asked the VZW people about the new google phone and all I got was blank stares, and here, this one is touch screen (running WinMob).
Pretty clueless then.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
lmfao I knew this phone was too much for tmo clientel... bad move to launch with those idiots... its no wonder they decided to bring it to VZW. They have severely crippled the impact of this phone... its a cult piece now... and Droid commercials continue to bang.
How is it "too much for tmo clientel (sic)" if TMO is causing the problems? The VZW snobbery here is ridiculous. Any carrier is just a corporation and this blind loyalty isn't going to be reciprocated by your beloved Big Red.

Considering that Google is selling this directly why aren't you criticizing them?

bad move to launch with those idiots... its no wonder they decided to bring it to VZW.
No. It's in Google's best interest to get Android out to as many consumers as possible. It has nothing to do with your personal perception of TMO.

Every carrier has clueless reps and botched launches, despite what the fanboys apparently believe.

Last edited:

sin vicious

Reaction score
lmfao I knew this phone was too much for tmo clientel... bad move to launch with those idiots... its no wonder they decided to bring it to VZW. They have severely crippled the impact of this phone... its a cult piece now... and Droid commercials continue to bang.
How is it "too much for tmo clientel (sic)" if TMO is causing the problems? The VZW snobbery here is ridiculous. Any carrier is just a corporation and this blind loyalty isn't going to be reciprocated by your beloved Big Red.

Considering that Google is selling this directly why aren't you criticizing them?

bad move to launch with those idiots... its no wonder they decided to bring it to VZW.
No. It's in Google's best interest to get Android out to as many consumers as possible. It has nothing to do with your personal perception of TMO.

Every carrier has clueless reps and botched launches, despite what the fanboys apparently believe.

gotta agree, had bad expereicnes with the big 3.. and had some good experiences with the big three.

brochaos

Reaction score
they should have never mentioned the $180 price. people see "it will cost $180" and stop reading. google would have been better off only listing $530 as the price. everyone had their hopes up, and now only a small small percentage can actually get the 180 price.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree as well, the only thing that stays the same across america is the same little mini-spoons with the state shields on them :)

The Droids HW is sound, adding 2.1 to it, who needs the N1 ? It will hold us all until the next contract update to whatever is out there at that point.