Sooo, will you switch from Droid to N1 on VZW?

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I will or not. I've been very happy with my Droid, but never use the physical keyboard. I will probably wait until there is a direct review between the two before I decide so I can compare them both on official 2.1 systems, but I have to say it is very tempting.

thesandman51

Reaction score
It's all about the keyboard.

Not to mention I won't be eligible for an upgrade then that finally comes to VZW, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay 500 for a new phone.

OP
D

DurangoJim

Reaction score
For the ignorant among us:

vzw-nexus-oneorder.jpg

Echo3

Reaction score
It's all about the keyboard.

Not to mention I won't be eligible for an upgrade then that finally comes to VZW, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay 500 for a new phone.

Don't worry. By the time you're available to upgrade, there will be another phone that will be far more advanced, and the Nexus One owners will be in the same shoes as us by then. :icon_ banana:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing that will make me Really think of switching is if the Verizon Nexus One will be a world phone; CDMA + GSM. That way I get Verizon at home, and GSM if I ever travel out of the country. Then, I'll really be considering it.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
LordKastle is in hiding in a Cold-War era bunker right about now, in a self-applied straight jacket

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
I think I am going to take mine back I had the omnia with a 5meg camera and it blows this one out of the water and I like everyone else think the keyboard is crap. I just have to go back to fking windows mobile till spring :(

Elysian

Reaction score
Not that the Droid is better, but I do like having the keyboard, I NES and SNES constantly.

coolkidd

Reaction score
What... Am I the only one looking forward for Nexus One? I'll start on saving on lunch money so that I can buy this thing. If ever I do not like it, then I'll just return it and stick with my Droid.

BzB

Reaction score
i won't. primarily because the droid is getting os 2.1 and there won't be a significant enough performance difference between the two phones to justify a switch.

if you don't already have a droid i think the choice will come down to whether you want the option of a physical keyboard or a slightly slimmer device without a keyboard. another advantage for the nexus could be if vzw gets a gsm compatible version.