soo....anybody think we will see ICS next week??

jhom

Reaction score
I haven't heard or seen any soak notifications, so I highly doubt it will be this week.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The d4 just finished. That means the bionic is up next. I'm predicting soak by friday of this week or next, then OTA 5 days after. That's my prediction.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
We're not getting JB. He's too busy for us.

.... Oh! Jelly Bean! Thought you meant Justin.. Nevermind. Anyways, we're not getting Jelly Bean. It has taken a year for ICS to come to our "ICS Ready" phones, I don't even want to know how long the wait is going to be for a software that wasn't designed for our phone to come out for us.. Besides, the Bionic will be 3 years old by then. Anything after 2 years of service is considered outdated to carriers.

JB isn't a whole new OS like ICS was, though - it's basically the "SP1" version of ICS, for lack of a better term. In theory, it should be much easier for them to go ICS->JB than it was to go GB->ICS

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The d4 just finished. That means the bionic is up next. I'm predicting soak by friday of this week or next, then OTA 5 days after. That's my prediction.

Why so long between soak and OTA? 5 days would be an eternity considering how Moto has rushed these things lately.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Why so long between soak and OTA? 5 days would be an eternity considering how Moto has rushed these things lately.

Cause it usually happens over a weekend (soak generally starts on a friday usually but not always) and then they have to analyze it. OTA tends to roll out 3-5 days after soak starts assuming all went well. We're bionic users, so, 5 days. :D

HeavyC

Reaction score

Hate to be a killjoy, but the D4 Soak is just now starting TODAY. So the D4 is nowhere near being finished. The soak will continue with a full rollout later this week. That gives the Bionic ZERO chance of seeing a soak of any kind this week. In fact, I would say at least 2 weeks to allow the D4 people to access the 365mb file from the Verizon servers. :frown:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hate to be a killjoy, but the D4 Soak is just now starting TODAY. So the D4 is nowhere near being finished. The soak will continue with a full rollout later this week. That gives the Bionic ZERO chance of seeing a soak of any kind this week. In fact, I would say at least 2 weeks to allow the D4 people to access the 365mb file from the Verizon servers. :frown:

We shall see. I would not be surprised if we see a soak for bionic this time next week.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea. I'm currently happy on 238. So hopefully they get a new build for the soak soon or better still i hope 238 is the OTA.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

Non (Droid 4) SOAK testers are getting pushed ICS as of today.....the same day SOAK testers got the notification they should get pushed the update. I think Verizon and Motorola had some timing issues on this for the Droid 4 as Verizon already approved it and users are getting it. The SOAK is the .217 leak for the Droid 4.

Bionic users could be getting notifications of a SOAK any day. I wouldn't factor in the Droid 4 being on a SOAK as part of any delay for the Bionic to start one, they can run concurrently if they chose to do so.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still don't get why the Bionic got shoved to the last place in line, with no warning. Oh well, when it's time for a new phone I will speak with my $$$ (which will NOT be going to Moto OR VZW)

rjp0615

Reaction score
Still don't get why the Bionic got shoved to the last place in line, with no warning. Oh well, when it's time for a new phone I will speak with my $$$ (which will NOT be going to Moto OR VZW)

Well said... only nexus devices from here on out for me... The only way moto will get my $ is if they make another google experience device..

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
rjp0615 said:
Well said... only nexus devices from here on out for me... The only way moto will get my $ is if they make another google experience device..

I'll stick with Verizon, been a long time customer. Just not moto

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll stick with Verizon, been a long time customer. Just not moto

The problem with VZW is they keep taking stuff away that benefits a customer like myself (only one device, way more data use than voice/text). Straight Talk for $45/month on an unlocked GNex is looking awfully attractive right now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem with VZW is they keep taking stuff away that benefits a customer like myself (only one device, way more data use than voice/text). Straight Talk for $45/month on an unlocked GNex is looking awfully attractive right now.

An unlocked GSM Gnex is the only true "Google Experience Device"... and it's a good experience too. You'll never get a full "GED" with Verizon.