soo....anybody think we will see ICS next week??

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bfp said:
My guess would be sometime in September, from everything i have read.

No dude. The said early q3. So knowing Verizon and Motorola that means a crappy first update sometime in August..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
quadtronix said:
Well... I have been asking around at local verizons and got lots of different answers. One was that "they are waiting to finish pushing out to all the razrs b4 starting with the bionics..." another guy said "bionics not getting ics"... lol. I don't believe that last one for a minute. Can't wait for some tasty ics on my bionic though :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Verizon store techs never know anything......they just know how to sell a phone :-\

josselinsdaddy2011

Reaction score
I'm running .232 n its pretty solid. A lot smoother than my wife's RAZR running ics. Noticed 1 data drop but then again my wife's RAZR drops it several times a day

mattyj724

Reaction score
I honestly won't go to the ota updated until people say its better than 232. I'm running that on my phone and its flawless. Don't fix some thing that's not broke.

Faintestidea

Reaction score
Verizon store techs never know anything......they just know how to sell a phone :-\

These are the same people that told me "the bionic was faulty and full of glitches. Why do you think they pulled it so early?" Yeah, that gets my vote of non-returning customer :p

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the bionic. Im patient so I can wait for the ota. Still stock, never rooted. I can wait and it should be an awesome surprise for me when it comes.

Zig8

Reaction score
Im happy now with my cheep Nexus7...

For two hundred dollars I got a Nexus7 with Jellybean, so Im not really caring so much about the ICE update on my Bionic... Now I think I can wait a long time for another update, another Motorola phone, another Verizon contract... Im happy now...

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I've had flawless ICS for what? A few days over 2 months. I'm not taking the OTA and am intentionally staying off path until I hear feedback that the OTA works as well and is as stable as my 232. All the razr people are whining about how much their OTA sucks. Once I flash google now in a few minutes I'll have jelly sandwich, or ice cream bean, or something exotic and hybridized that NOBODY will get OTA.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
altspeed said:
I've had flawless ICS for what? A few days over 2 months. I'm not taking the OTA and am intentionally staying off path until I hear feedback that the OTA works as well and is as stable as my 232. All the razr people are whining about how much their OTA sucks. Once I flash google now in a few minutes I'll have jelly sandwich, or ice cream bean, or something exotic and hybridized that NOBODY will get OTA.

Yep 232 is amazing for me. I'll take the ota when it comes but ics makes the bionic absolutely incredible! 905 was ancient trash by comparison, imo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I'm still on 230. Waiting for the ota. I'm I'm no rush though. Glad I've got ics though! :)

welsalex

Reaction score
altspeed said:
the rumor at tech support with verizon is first week in September, but just rumor. tech support wants it pushed too, they are tired of bionic owners calling and asking when.

I would bet they hate hearing about it by now. Ill call when bored just to see what they say. I like to start my tech support calls with verizon by saying right off the bat "send me up the food chain to a higher up tier"

BKiv

Reaction score

Me too. I am loving my 232 "jelly sandwich" I just wish google now wouldn't FC when trying to send emails.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I flashed .2233 the day it was posted. Works great for me. I'm sure .232 is better but for what I use daily .2233 is actually perfect. I'm rooted and torment rommed and Google now is pretty much fully functional for me on .2233. So don't really care when ota comes I'm perfectly content for now.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said before. I am patient and perfectly fine with waiting for the official update..