soo....anybody think we will see ICS next week??

welsalex

Reaction score
When I see "Ics next week?" It makes me feel like I'm looking at one of those bars/restaurants that have the phrase "FREE DRINKS TOMORROW" painted on the side.... it's exciting yet depressing simultaneously

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! Ain't that the truth. Especially when you come back tomorrow and the same sign is sitting there. :D

JohnFH

Reaction score
VZW tech support called me this afternoon about my Bionic's LTE connectivity issues. The tech rep said that he thinks that the ICS OTA for the Bionic should be available in late August/early September.

welsalex

Reaction score
JohnFH said:
VZW tech support called me this afternoon about my Bionic's LTE connectivity issues. The tech rep said that he thinks that the ICS OTA for the Bionic should be available in late August/early September.

I think that it should too..... wish that meant something

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
That's what I expected

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I figured as much. Hopefully it won't be like the razor and we have to wait for a bug fix.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean the DROID bionic is a relatively old phone. So I doubt they will get the update done before September. And I can almost garuntee we wont get jelly bean!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Cause VZW techs ALWAYS know what they're talking about. Someone else reported that the tech told them ICS would never be released for the Bionic. So, um, take whatever they tell you with a dump truck full of salt. :)

340DartMan

Reaction score
As another stated, this is also my first smart phone. I am rooted and had installed leaked 901 or 902. Can't remember which. Then was able to OTA the next update. Now on 905 patiently waiting for OTA ICS.

Personally, I like my GB operating system 'cause I do not know any better! Kinda like being a virgin: you don't know whatcha missin' until you've had it. LOL!

So here I sit, reading about how smooth this new OS works on my lil' computer, droolin',........ waitin',....... wanting..........

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean the DROID bionic is a relatively old phone. So I doubt they will get the update done before September. And I can almost garuntee we wont get jelly bean!

According to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...et-list-known-getting-updates-jelly-bean.html we won't (although the RAZR is on the list).

That being said, I mentioned in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214042-jelly-bean-coming-bionic-razr-3.html the Bionic getting Jelly Bean was unlikely simply because Verizon phones generally only get one OS change. The OG Droid, for example, went from Eclair to Froyo. However, there were people telling me that the Motorola Cliq and the HTC Incredible when through 3 OS OTA.

Personally I doubt it, but if we do, it would be nice.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Whoever said that JB is just ICS "SP1", I don't care. Our phones were ICS Ready and look how long it's taken for us to even get a taste of it.

340DartMan

Reaction score
A bit off topic, but will I be able to maintain forever root changing from GB to ICS?

I assume I will have to root again. If so, can a script file be manually edited similar to dhacker29's chmod 4775 lines added to mount_ext3.sh in GB?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You won't even be able to install ICS with forever root installed. Root can be installed, and voodoo rootkeeper can be used to keep it but the forever root hack breaks the update assertion and must be undone else it fails to install.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Dan Rosenberg (who made motofail for GB) has a root exploit that works for all versions of ICS so I wouldn't be worried about getting root once the official OTA comes.

Regarding you guys getting ICS, us D4 guys weren't expecting it to be pushed today but it is. No warning, no fanfare, no update saying you'll get an update soon. Yours will probably be dropped on your laps with no warning either. I have no clue why your ICS is taking so long but it should be at or near a point where it will be released soon since Moto and Verizon have it working on two similar devices now (the Razr and D4).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys, your chains have been pulled long enough.