son of a screen...

slickerthanyou

Reaction score
Woke up to thios this morning? WTF gorilla glass my ass. So now what? Will my one year warranty cover this? I even have it in an otter box.

f4fr77.jpg

OP
slickerthanyou

slickerthanyou

Reaction score
Strange....

I left the phone in my truck on charge last evening, as i worked a double shift and honestly forgot about it. I come out in the Morning to warm it up and i see the screen is as the above picture. Now only thing i can think of is It was 32 degress last evening and somehow the heat from charging it and the cold clashed and broke it , if that is even possible. I talked to HTC they said they wcould replace it for $220 plus shipping- YIKES! But all other quotes Locally in Pittsburgh was from $300-450- that isn't going to happen. I may just have to suck it up and pay it. I did search on here and seen a couple of suggestions, but I don't want to send my phone out to another company if I don't have to. ;)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup it's possible for the glass to crack like that, especially if it's that cold. If you can find a tutorial and feel comfortable attempting (which I personally wouldn't recommend, but it is an option) you can try that.

addphone

Reaction score
I may have found a replacement for less than 100 bucks? I'm awaiting a replay from the seller. Has anyone used this product?

HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 Original LCD Screen Display Repair Replacement Parts | eBay
This item is only the LCD screen. The one you have to replace the HTC Droid DNA digitizer touch screen or the LCD screen and digitizer assemly from the picture you posted above. You can find these parts from these HTC Droid DNA replacement parts. But if you don't know how to repair the screen, you'd better carry the part to a professional. Good Luck!

vannDROID

Reaction score
Bro, you must work in a very secure location to leave a $600 device in your truck. Out here in LA these type of smartphones are the most valuable items for thieves besides guns. Someone else I know had their DNA screen cracked with an otterbox. It is a delicate device.

user242

Reaction score
You might have better luck finding a used dna phone for under $200 since the "One" is coming out to most carriers and eventually to Verizon... lol. Some people may want to get rid of their dna phones and get the latest htc phone. Good luck!

vadrums

Reaction score
Got my DNA less than one week and the glass did the same thing...Placed it on a WARM (75 deg.) surface to take my jacket off, went to pick it up and the glass was shattered with the pieces being all the same size...First for me too!!

ConnorM228

Reaction score
The glass digitizer and LCD are glued together during manufacturing. Buying just the glass is a mistake. I found that out the hard way.
Sellers from China will sell you just the glass knowing that it is border line impossible to separate the glass from the LCD, just to make a
quick buck. Buy the digitizer + LCD combo in the future if you are ever replacing.

Good luck with HTC! I haven't dealt with them before, I hope it goes well.

Connor