Some incredible help

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I have a non rooted DINC. and would like to know if there is a way to view MMs properly on the stock MMs on the phone. Currently everything that comes in I have to view as an annoying 2 second slideshow. To make things worse, if it comes with any audio I have to listen to that seperate. Is there a different way to view these.... like say a dumb phone does, and how they were intendid to be viewed?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Incredible general discussion section

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
why has this been moved this is not just an incredible problem. I was simply stating the model of my phone as good information

Sent from my incredible using slideit on tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you look in the settings there should be something like popup notification. Disable that. Oh and mike was just trying to get you help from incredible users. Its sop.

Edit: settings for the text app that is.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Thanks, I looked and there is no such option.
There first time I tried to ask this, I got no replies, and I asked in the incredible tech issues area. I then posted the link to that thread in the general area, again asking the question. Then a mod locked my post. Then I got a PM from a different mod telling me it was a cross post, and to just ask in the general area. Guess what... that's exactly what I have done, and look where we are now...lol.
Seems there are no set guidelines... Just whatever each mod wants on the fly.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I understand it can be kind of a headache but keep in mind there are a lot of mods here and its prob not that easy for them to keep in contact about all the threads they had to edit. I can however assure you that all the mods are acting on the best interest of you and the forum in general. I'm going to look into your issue to see what I can suggest but my phone is motorola so it would appear to be a diff sms app.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
why has this been moved this is not just an incredible problem. I was simply stating the model of my phone as good information

I understand. We try to keep the issues related to phones together so that members who have the same phone can find support.

I hope the clarifies.

Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the mean time you could try downloading handcent or chomp sms from the marketplace and haulting the stock sms notifications alltogether.

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm starting to feel resentful of this phone. I also had this problem on the X as well though.

I'm too scared to root the phone and also have read too many horror stories about non stock MMs apps deleting all messages to try one. I think for all these phones are capable of, they should still be able to perform what the dumb phones can.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I haven't had any problems with handcent. But then again I don't have a need or desire to save all my msgs so I can't say that I have checked to see that they are ALL there.

There are also programs you can get that back up your msgs. you can do that too before trying handcent or chomp.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried all kinds of save apps, play apps, etc with less than desired results. Who wants to open an app just to use an open app?
I ended up going with handcent as my text app vs the main one and have since deleted all the work around apps because handcent does it all without opening anything else and works nicely with non stock keypad apps
If you decide to go with handcent just turn off notifications in your handcent app to avoid doubles or set them to silent.
With a little playing around you can set the app so reading, replying, saving, etc are so much more to your liking than the stock

wified from a monolith using a slider

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
So...

... I'm trying out handcent. Is there any other formats for it? Currently it looks kinda childish with its bubbles and all. JMHO

As far as saving my messages... I need to be able to look back about a month or so on occasion for work. ie; we use it as logging in and out of the alarm system. This way any time we find the alarm not properly set, we have a good idea who it might of been. sorry for rambling.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Chaz, take a look at your settings. You can alter the appearance away from the bubbles. Should be able to get it back looking like a regular MMS program like you are wanting. Go to settings and conversation style. Hit Android. Believe that will be more to your liking.

In the meantime, let me research the stock MMS some more and see if I can get you some configuration settings there.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As for the appearance go into setting and then custom style. You can change a lot from there.