Software problems?

PFayce

Reaction score
I have having trouble figuring out what is wrong with my Moto Droid. I am deployed right now and it seems the second I got in country to phone started acting up. The screen lock (password style) would either miss read my finger tracing or would not even read it at all. If by some chance, after about 100 tries, I did manage to access my phone there were even more problems. First my screen would be all twitchy, like it was trying to slide to the other screens. Then once that calmed down, usually by me locking it out and trying to re-access, the calibration would be off. Don't get me wrong there were times where it would work, but never over a minute or so.

So I sent the phone home to my wife and wouldn't you know it i look like a goof because it works just fine for her. She sends it back to me and the first time i boot it up it works just fine. An hour later and it's operating like crap.

If you think it's the weather, let me mind you its 80* during the day with low humidity and 60* night with slight humidity; nothing out of the ordinary of what i experience back in the states.

--

"It all makes sense, we're capable of beauty." ♋♑ -Tommy Giles Rogers

titans1

Reaction score
That is very odd.
I wonder if it has something to do it being in a different country? Maybe try rooting it. Custom rom all that good stuff. I can say it'll help for sure but it might not hurt.

sent from my refrigerator I'm hungry

OP
P

PFayce

Reaction score
My use of the droid has pretty much been on hold for the last 6 months, as well as my viewing of the forum. Needless to say i am out of the loop a little. Before i left i had contimplated rooting my phone but really didn't see the need to. Now that droid is old news and software developments are at best minimal rooting doesn't seem like such a bad idea. Making us "two year contracties" happy is left up to the hackers. Thank you.