soak tests going out

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I didn't really understand what changes to the camera software are included or what improvements are supposed to be seen.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I didn't really understand what changes to the camera software are included or what improvements are supposed to be seen.

Drag the focal point around the screen, and the camera will adjust the exposure accordingly. For Motorola, this is an improvement. Nowhere near the capabilities of Samsung camera though. I'd like to manually choose my exposure, etc. Oh well.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Moto camera still doesn't have macro support. So any pics closer then 6 inches, good luck with that.

doogald

Reaction score

Drag the focal point around the screen, and the camera will adjust the exposure accordingly. For Motorola, this is an improvement. Nowhere near the capabilities of Samsung camera though. I'd like to manually choose my exposure, etc. Oh well.

Just to clarify, you do need to turn on "tap to focus" in settings to see that focal point control that you can drag around (to set focus and exposure control point.) It's possible that they have fixed some processing issues for photos; i.e., cleaned up noisy jpeg compression, etc. I'm not sure, but it's possible that they improved some underlying things like that, too.